looking for a remote sleep system

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

looking for a remote sleep system

Postby sleepscore » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:32 am

I am looking for a sleep system that can be monitored and accessed from another location. I know there is a system or two out there that can be hooked into a laptop and then viewed at another location but I do not know the name of the companies.

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS!
sleepscore

Re: looking for a remote sleep system

Postby sunnyatcmu » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:20 am

I saw this the other day while I was googling for equipment. Hope this helps:
http://www.clevemed.com/DreamPort/overview.shtml

sleepscore wrote:I am looking for a sleep system that can be monitored and accessed from another location. I know there is a system or two out there that can be hooked into a laptop and then viewed at another location but I do not know the name of the companies.

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS!
sunnyatcmu

Re: looking for a remote sleep system

Postby labman2 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 am

sunnyatcmu wrote:I saw this the other day while I was googling for equipment. Hope this helps:
http://www.clevemed.com/DreamPort/overview.shtml

sleepscore wrote:I am looking for a sleep system that can be monitored and accessed from another location. I know there is a system or two out there that can be hooked into a laptop and then viewed at another location but I do not know the name of the companies.

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS!

I love how the ad says "remotely attended" studies :roll: -that is akin to saying "slightly pregnant". :wink: -it is either remote-or attended!

and they suggest as one of the populations to use it on is pediatric :shock:

and forget to add that you can stop by the pediatric patients home in the morning and pick up your electrodes from the floor next to his bed where he threw them off! :wink: Just my 2 cents!
labman2

Postby somnonaut » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:39 pm

ANY system that is run on a computer can be remotely monitored. It depends on the connectivity of the computer in question, not the "sleep system" per se.
somnonaut

Remote System

Postby RBonato » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 am

Somno is absolutely correct. ANY PSG system capable of real-time data monitoring can be viewed remotely provided you have a sufficiently fast internet connection. The technology is already built into the computer OS or third party. Remote Desktop, Tight VNC, to name a couple. On one occasion years ago, two of us on opposite sides of the continent were remotely observing a PSG study underway in the US Northeast. BUT - as Somno has also stated elsehwere - this is NOT attended Type 1 PSG for billing purposes. So what are you going to do if you observe 60 Hz artifact or poor flow / effort? Call the patient on the phone and wake them up to fix a sensor? You still can't bill more. Maybe I'm missing something? What would be the attraction to remote viewing HSTs?
RBonato

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?