Sleep Sales

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Sleep Sales

Postby TexasSleepguy » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:52 pm

I am wanting to look at new equipment for a 4 bed lab. I have tried checking with salesmen/women and they want to come to the site and push push push. all I want at this time is equipment functions and total cost of the product. Is there an eqipment provider that will just give the info until we make up our minds?
have any of you recently purchased new equipment? what was teh total cost etc... you can email me or send PM. do not wish to post that information out to the public just in case you got ripped off. Just kidding its more private when talking about cost and setup.
Thanks
TexasSleepguy

Postby bob » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Just call or e-mail them and ask for brochures on everything and tell them firmly that you don't want a visit at this time. That usually works well - expecially if you say that you are not in the market right now but are just browsing. The converse is if they want to come and do a demo make them run the system overnight for you - that is they should come to your lab and hook up a patient and set it up and at least begin with scoring in the morning - then you really get to see the system in action.
bob

Postby izzy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:34 pm

If you can work with your purchessing department , they should be able to order a M-D BYLINE report that give lots of info also look at the Advance respiratory magazine july/aug 2004 buyers guide. good luck I too am looking to buy 4 beds in early 2005
izzy

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?