New Equipment selection

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

If you had your choice of equipment and money was not an issue, what would your choose and why?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:49 pm

Grass Telefactor
No votes
Sandman
13%
Bio-Logic
13%
Nihon Kohen
No votes
Xltek
No votes
Other
75%

Total votes : 8

Postby zeuscat03 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:25 am

As a night tech, I find Comp. Profusion to be user friendly. We don't use the Nexus part at my lab.
zeuscat03

Postby goudasleep » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:31 am

Still voting for Nihon Kohden. I have only seen the Compumedics once, which people on this thread have rated highly. It looked good, very clean signal, I was just watching at a friend's lab and didn't really get into it. Used Sandman, liked it, Grass, didn't like it, Viyasis, didn't like it at all. I don't know how NK prices out against the other major systems.
goudasleep

Postby strawberri » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:38 am

I'm still legally a newbie tech, but I like SensorMedics (most of the time!). Their tech support could use a bit of tweaking, especially at 2am during the first year at the lab when I was freaking out and they used terms I had never heard of!

Three years later, I still refer to the manual before I call them, but considering it's the only system I have any experience in, this vote is very biased.

I have heard good and bad on all of the systems, but I would love to try Alice 5 someday. The lab where I had my sleep study used it, so I got to sneak a peek....made me even more curious!

At the FOCUS conference several system vendors were represented but it was usually so crowded I didn't see much....but Boston is looking pretty good this year!
strawberri

Postby somnonaut » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:43 pm

BOSTON for the NorthEast Sleep Society meeting in March. You Strawberri coming up here? YEAH< I will personally roll out the carpet. Hubby too?
somnonaut

Postby labman2 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:23 am

strawberri wrote:I'm still legally a newbie tech, but I like SensorMedics (most of the time!). Their tech support could use a bit of tweaking, especially at 2am during the first year at the lab when I was freaking out and they used terms I had never heard of!

Three years later, I still refer to the manual before I call them, but considering it's the only system I have any experience in, this vote is very biased.

I have heard good and bad on all of the systems, but I would love to try Alice 5 someday. The lab where I had my sleep study used it, so I got to sneak a peek....made me even more curious!

At the FOCUS conference several system vendors were represented but it was usually so crowded I didn't see much....but Boston is looking pretty good this year!

Come on and join us- !- Boston, great topics, somno, me, ... Isnt that an exciting sbowbill? :lol: :wink:
labman2

Postby strawberri » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:45 am

Yes definitely thinking about heading north to Boston, loved the brochure I read, great topic lineup!

But

Boston and "up north" people talk with such funny accents ....I won't be able to understand them... ya' all think I need to bring a translator or can I hire you two at a reasonable rate? :wink:

Last time I was up north was in '79, hubby was doing long haul trucking and I tagged along. We had stops in both Pittsburgh and Baltimore the same week as the last World Series game crowned Pittsburgh the winners.

(Think Respironics will have an after event party like they did in Nashville? I was having a great time....all the fruity type drinks I wanted plus an endless supply of stuffed mushrooms and shrimp!!)
strawberri

Postby strawberri » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:12 am

And yes...hubby will be coming too! We never travel alone....he knows my inability to read a roadmap. I can give directions as long as I don't have to learn names of roads or streets....such as:

"Oh sure, I know where that is....go past the bank, turn left at the Dairy Queen, another left at the gas station...."

He will be coming as long as I can keep him out of the hospitals.....we were walking in tall cotton when he made an A+ on his recent heart cath in November (ejection fraction keeps coming up a little at a time too!), then he was admitted for CHF/pneumonia the week of Thanksgiving.

This past weekend, he was out to prove he could do "normal man type activities" again. So he and his brother went deer hunting in their hillbilly condo (a hunting cabin complete with laminate flooring and a queen size bed). His brother became ill during the night and went home. Did hubby come home too so he would not be alone in the woods? NOPE....he was going to HUNT by gosh!

He climbed his tree stand, lost his footing, fell 5 feet onto the back of his head. We spent the weekend at the Trauma Unit in a hospital in Huntington. Luckily he only has two small "stabilized" fractures and has to wear a cervical collar a couple of weeks....proves my theory though...he is HARD HEADED after all!!! 8)

My sister-in-law tells the docs he will never die because she has tried to kill him and can't...lol!
strawberri

Postby MrBig » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:53 am

I've used:

Somnostar (first choice)

Embla (second choice)

Sandman (third choice)
MrBig

Postby goudasleep » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:09 am

MrBig wrote:I've used:

Somnostar (first choice)

Embla (second choice)

Sandman (third choice)

Tell me please, Mr. Big, what you like about Somnostar above Sandman.
goudasleep

Postby MrBig » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:49 am

goudasleep wrote:
MrBig wrote:I've used:

Somnostar (first choice)

Embla (second choice)

Sandman (third choice)

Tell me please, Mr. Big, what you like about Somnostar above Sandman.

Everything. The way it's set up, all of the features, etc.
MrBig

Postby slowdavesleep » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Mr. Big, which Embla system were you using? Rembrandt or Somnologica or Remlogic?
slowdavesleep

Re: New Equipment selection

Postby vladago » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:02 am

Greetings,
Is there anyone does scoring with DOMINO?
Thank you
vladago

Re: New Equipment selection

Postby somnonaut » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:27 pm

somnonaut

Previous

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?