SleepVirtual BWII PSG

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

SleepVirtual BWII PSG

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:18 am

I have heard a few good things about this system. For any who might use it, what is your opinion about it? What is good and bad? What is a ballpark price of the equipment? I just want a little info before I make the call and have to listen to the sales pitch. Thanks.
tiredjohnny1

SleepVirtual

Postby stephen_98 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Hey,

Im looking at this equipment too. I've been through the "sales-pitch". Maybe you have too by now. It has been about 6 weeks since that demo, but it wasn't a bad experience at all.

From my standpoint (MD, double boarded in sleep and boarded in sleep, fellowship trained in sleep, and owner of 4 labs), it does everything that one needs it to do in the lab, but it doesn't appear to be quite as flexible as some systems. Im trying to remember specifics. The equipment was light-weight, which isn't a big advantage. It almost seemed too light weight. Can't check bed side impedance, no back lights. The software was easy and visually appealing. Again, there may be some missing flexibility, but it is very functional. it reminds me of Sandman Express.

Not sure about the database, archiving, reporting. Not sure about tech support.

I was initially drawn by the price, but even more well known systems have come down in price dramatically. Lifetime software upgrades is huge as well as technical support.

Overall I'm impressed.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this equipment too.

Stephen

PS: The sales rep I have (Joe Anderson) and every one that I have spoken to at the company have been nothing but supportive, open, committed to their product. Hope this helps.
stephen_98

Postby somnonaut » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:54 pm

This Joe Anderson?

somnonaut

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Yeah I think he is a consultant for them. I got the sales pitch but it wasn't a hard sell. I really liked their presentation. They don't currently have full head hookup capability for the PSG but they said that should be their next offering. If I can do full head hookups or use it for EEG then I might purchase it. Its a very good system. Free updates for life. Free technical support. Current price is very reasonable.
tiredjohnny1

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?