install

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

install

Postby izzy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:03 am

What makes a great install on a new sleep system? how many people should show up at the lab to install the system? how late do they stay with the night staff?thanks 6 bed lab
izzy

Re: install

Postby sleepadmin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:40 am

izzy wrote:What makes a great install on a new sleep system? how many people should show up at the lab to install the system? how late do they stay with the night staff?thanks 6 bed lab

Every sleep system is going to be different. Some might require specialized cables run from the patient room to the tech room. Some can do it all over a wired or wireless network. If you have network cables run, I can usually setup Alice hardware in a day. I prefer to take my time though and budget a week or more... I like to cut up the insides of night stands and hide the hardware and bundle the connecting wires well so nighttime trouble shooting is easier down the line.

Training will be very site specific. Some systems are easy to pick up. some techs require more help. I'd say 1-2 days is typical. Just an opinion.
sleepadmin
Admin

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?