APSS

American Association of Sleep Technologists
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

APSS

Postby Mairi2 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Once again, the APSS is across the Mighty Mississippi from my home town - who's planning on being here? We need to plan a meet up!
Mairi2

Postby RayMeece » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:56 am

Afraid I won't be able to make it this year. Where is it going to be in 2015?
RayMeece

Postby Jayhawkhenry » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Next year is Seattle. But if the program is as weak as it was this year with no choices and mandated commercials for the AASM's agenda, I will not waste my money. My state meeting is better.
Jayhawkhenry

Postby labman2 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Jayhawkhenry wrote:Next year is Seattle. But if the program is as weak as it was this year with no choices and mandated commercials for the AASM's agenda, I will not waste my money. My state meeting is better.

didnt go this year....but I did have my name as one of the contributors to an abstract that was presented! :wink: ... so I was "kinda" there! :lol:
labman2

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:23 am

Ray Meece....Havent seen your name in a long time!
tiredjohnny1

Re: APSS

Postby Jayhawkhenry » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:02 pm

I just claimed my CEU's for the meeting. Just check the box and get some credit. I was very surprised that no opportunity was given to comment on the program content. Overall, I was very disappointed in the lack of quality in the program and choices. There were no options for technologists to attend continuing education at their practice level. There was a lot of pabulum being served up to push the AASM agenda. I certainly did not need the AASM president to tell me were sleep technology had been and where it was going, we would have been much better served to have a well-respected senior technologist address that topic. The respiratory physiology program was a waste of time for any was not a beginner or had been properly trained and educated to begin with. Instructions on the use of vendor devices should be done in the lab, not in an AAST venue. Most of the “discussion” panels lacked focus and direction, with a lack useful information.
If the AAST leadership is looking to dumb down the profession, they certainly made a good start of it. This departure in content, from programs of the past, is quite disturbing and questions the future relevance of AAST as a premiere educational provider.
Jayhawkhenry

Postby RayMeece » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:59 am

I realize this thread is several years old, and am sorry I have not commented before now.

But I need to say that apparently you misunderstand. The APSS is a Society FOR Providers, not techs. The AAST conference that usually runs concurrently is the meeting FOR TECHs. So all of the complaints here may be well-founded, however they are mis-directed
RayMeece

Postby RayMeece » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:00 am

Well, APSS is for providers, but mainly for Researchers, which is why labman2 had a presentation.
RayMeece

Postby labman2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Huh! What presentation?
labman2

Re:

Postby RayMeece » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:21 am

labman2 wrote:
didnt go this year....but I did have my name as one of the contributors to an abstract that was presented! :wink: ... so I was "kinda" there! :lol:

Well, maybe YOU didn't present it, but said you were a contributor to an abstract (IN 2014).
RayMeece

Postby labman2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:36 am

Ahhh... thought you meant this year! Yes- was part of abstract in 2014
labman2

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET