2012 AAST DIRECTOR AT LARGE ELECTIONS

American Association of Sleep Technologists
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

2012 AAST DIRECTOR AT LARGE ELECTIONS

Postby polysomprincess » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm

ALLLRIGHTYYYY SLEEP PEEPS!!! ELECTIONS ARE COMING UP!

WHOS VOTING???!!!!

I AM! :D
polysomprincess

me too!

Postby labman2 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:46 pm

I am voting! And one day we will even know who the candidates are :cry:

Come on AAST! What is the holdup? This should not take this long to announce the candidates!
:cry:
Good Grief!

Oh yes... Vote for Lia and yours truly.me! And hopefully we can make some changes in how this process works!

And THANK YOU FOR VOTING!! NO MATTER WHOM YOU VOTE FOR!
labman2

Postby somnonaut » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:01 pm

I emailed the AAST regarding the upcoming election, and asked if the slate of candidates would appear first on the website or in the A2Zzz. I also asked if there would be a write-in line on the ballots.
somnonaut

Postby respbarb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:11 pm

did they send out the email link to vote yet? I can't remember getting it.
respbarb

Postby tcr104 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:41 pm

respbarb wrote:did they send out the email link to vote yet? I can't remember getting it.

It usually goes out mid-march, and there is a 2 week voting window. I haven't seen the email yet either this year.
tcr104

Postby somnonaut » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Reply from Chris is:

In March AAST members will receive a couple of messages with information about the election process and candidates. This information will be shared with members via A2Zzz, Member Update, AAST website, AAST Facebook Page and LinkedIn. There is an option to write in a candidate on the ballot.
somnonaut

Postby polysomprincess » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 pm

I already got my postcard in the mail giving the link to vote when elections were open...
polysomprincess

Postby polysomprincess » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:17 pm

I VOTED!!!!
polysomprincess

Postby Jayhawkhenry » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:14 pm

I have not missed a AAST (APT) vote since 1991 and I didn't miss this one either!
Jayhawkhenry

STILL TIME TO VOTE

Postby labman2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Just a reminder that voting is going on right now.

To those of you who voted already, thanks for taking part in the process.

For those of you who voted for Brendan Duffy AKA Labman2 and/or LIA Deneau AKA Polysomprincess, Thanks for your support and belief in our goals to present you!

For those of you that have not voted, or know folks that have not voted, please consider doing so... and we would appreciate your support!

and

For the person that is telling others how to vote after this same person told his pals last year not to rejoin AAST .... how exactly does that work if they are no longer members (and cant vote) based on your past brilliant advice? :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone!!

Stay safe out there!
labman2

Postby respbarb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:26 am

I voted for Brendan and Lia. Come on, folks for new blood!
respbarb

Postby fanofcart » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:41 am

respbarb wrote:I voted for Brendan and Lia. Come on, folks for new blood!

Well anyone running for the Board that has not already been on the Board would have to be considered new blood.
I would urge everyone to read each candidate's statements and vote according to that. There seem to be several qualified candidates running. Each voter has to consider the merits, which may or may not include whether candidates post on a fine internet forum like binarysleep. In other words, don't disqualify a good candidate merely because he/she doesn't post on here; look at the whole picture.
fanofcart

Postby somnonaut » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:19 am

Also, don't disqualify anyone if they do post here either.
somnonaut

Postby labman2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:13 pm

fanofcart wrote:
respbarb wrote:I voted for Brendan and Lia. Come on, folks for new blood!

Well anyone running for the Board that has not already been on the Board would have to be considered new blood.
I would urge everyone to read each candidate's statements and vote according to that. There seem to be several qualified candidates running. Each voter has to consider the merits, which may or may not include whether candidates post on a fine internet forum like binarysleep. In other words, don't disqualify a good candidate merely because he/she doesn't post on here; look at the whole picture.

Fan

They may be qualified, but I sure wish they WERE out here along with myself and LIA so I (and others) could get a feel for how they think and react to discussions. That is the problem... I do not hear or see them to really know much about them.

At least with being on these forums. folks have a sense as to who we are and that we care about what is happening EVEN WITHOUT an elected office position. Now, by being here, folks may decide they dont care for my views, and I lose votes also.... so... being out here, being myslef, speaking my nind does not always translate into additional votes, it may cost me some... but at least folks know I am available and have a "sense" of the person.

I am pretty active in the sleep world, and besides what I saw on the resume bio page for several of the other candidates, I really dont know too much about many of them at all. ie... whta type of folks they are.. besides the bio

I would LOVE for them to join us in some of the discussions to give a sense as to how the think about things going on...
labman2

Postby polysomprincess » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:47 pm

well, i have been opening mouth and inserting foot for many a years here on binary... so I guess its all out there what I think and stand for....
polysomprincess

Next

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET