2012 AAST DIRECTOR AT LARGE ELECTIONS

American Association of Sleep Technologists
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Postby somnonaut » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Just sayin', don't shoot the messenger, That is for another day right?
somnonaut

Postby fanofcart » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Looks like both successful BOD candidates each received about 25% of the vote.
Of course it will never happen, but perhaps there should be a run-off of, mabye, the top three vote getters so that the winners would each receive a majority, and not a plurality, of the vote.
fanofcart

Postby bduce » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Bad luck Labman and Polysom........still kudos for running
bduce

Postby labman2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 pm

bduce wrote:Bad luck Labman and Polysom........still kudos for running

Thanks sir.... I believe I garnered about 14.8 % of the vote.... or so I was told...

Hope to see the full results posted as is part of any open and democratic election that wants to be totally transparent.

Thanks again

Brendan
labman2

Postby linuxgeek » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Did you go thru the AASM accredited labs and email/call the chief techs of big labs especially?

Techs might be voting during work hours for people the chief tech recommends.

Do you get contact info for AAST members if you are running? Do people on the AAST council get to use the AAST members contact info?
linuxgeek

Postby somnonaut » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:50 pm

That was some list that was sent out on Marietta's behalf.
somnonaut

Postby LadyCandy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:58 pm

labman2 wrote:
bduce wrote:Bad luck Labman and Polysom........still kudos for running

Thanks sir.... I believe I garnered about 14.8 % of the vote.... or so I was told...

Hope to see the full results posted as is part of any open and democratic election that wants to be totally transparent.

Thanks again

Brendan

You guys do mean to see a total number of votes, instead of %s, and not who voted for who, right?

Ballots should be secret in my opinion, you guys aren't asking that who voted for who should be revealed, right?
LadyCandy

Of course

Postby labman2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 am

Of course i want to know who you voted for ang! Just kidding....

Yes, i would expect to see raw vote totals and raw number of votes for eac candidate and also all write in votes ... That is normal vote reporting.... Not sure what is so difficult for them in doing this. We are talking about 400 or so votes , not 3 million!

No, i am not asking who voted for whom... You so silly sister! :lol:
labman2

Postby strawberri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:06 am

I sent an email to AAST requesting the tally of votes be made available. Also posted it on the AAST Facebook page. It's only fair....we pay $100 per year to join....we should have access to this information.

Am I holding my breath waiting for a response? Nope...

This is their email if anyone else wants to ask.

aast@aastweb.org
strawberri

Postby somnonaut » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:07 am

Here is a place where change can begin for any entity your wish to recruit others to your cause. Various national prominent direct appeals to change things have started here. Apple changing Foxconn's worker practices...here.
www.change.org
[No it is not affiliated with Obama as far as I can tell]
Sorry for the length of the post but I felt it is worth it.

Here's the crazy thing -- it's possible none of this would have happened if people hadn't started petitions on Change.org. But they did. Today we want to share stories with you of nine people who took a chance to try and change something, earned the support of thousands of signatures, got attention from major media outlets from the New York Times to The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and who ultimately won their campaigns.

These victories are amazing on their own. But we're even more excited about the potential they represent: we're living in a time where anyone, anywhere, can use the internet to change the world. (Seriously, you can start a petition right here.)

Keep reading -- we hope you find these stories as inspiring as we do.

- Patrick and the Change.org team

Apple customer Mark sparks promised improvements for workers in China

"Like most Apple customers, I had no idea how appalling the working conditions were at Foxconn, where most iPhones and iPads are assembled. After hearing employees worked excessive hours, in some cases seven days a week, and stood so long their legs swelled until they couldn't walk, I wanted to write a letter to Apple, but then I thought, why not start a petition instead? 250,000 signatures later, Foxconn has promised major changes, including making sure all employees work no more than 49 hours per week without having their salaries cut. I know great organizations continue to press for additional improvements, but I'm so grateful to have played a part in this amazing first step." -Mark Shields

Maha and Darakshan save countless Syrians from terror and violence

"Since Syria's democratic uprising in 2011, the government there has killed thousands of people. Syrian nationals living in America were terrified of being deported and tortured or killed for supporting democracy. We started a petition asking President Obama to grant those Syrians "Temporary Protected Status" so they could stop living in fear, and after 12,000 people and several members of Congress supported our campaign, President Obama came through." -Maha Hilal & Darakshan Raja

Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp and Ellen DeGeneres support Katy's fight against bullies

"I used to be bullied so badly that I was afraid to go to school. When I saw that a new documentary made to stop bullying was rated R, I started a petition asking the Motion Picture Association of America to change the rating to PG-13 so that the kids who most needed to see the film would be able to. A few weeks and almost half a million signatures later, I got to be on The Ellen Show. Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, and 35 members of Congress threw their support behind my campaign. Now the movie's distributor, The Weinstein Company, is releasing the film as 'unrated' so that all kids can see the movie." -Katy Butler

Mom and food blogger Bettina keeps "pink slime" out of school cafeterias

"I'm a parent who writes about children and food, especially school food reform. So I was upset to learn that USDA was arranging to offer school districts ground beef containing 7 million pounds of 'lean, finely textured beef,' more commonly known as 'pink slime.' LFTB is made from slaughterhouse scraps previously used only for pet food and cooking oil, and treated with ammonium hydroxide to kill pathogens. In just 9 days, nearly 250,000 signed people my petition, leading the USDA to change its policy and offer districts, for the first time ever, ground beef without this cheap filler." -Bettina Elias Siegel

Jason takes on an insurance company to help save his dad

"My dad, Henry, had a terrible heart attack last fall that left him with severely impaired cognitive and motor skills. His doctors said that rehab would help him get better, but his insurance provider -- Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts -- refused to pay. I started a petition on Change.org and almost 200,000 people signed it. Now Blue Cross has agreed to pay for my dad's care." -Jason Warren

Craig -- a straight Republican Marine -- defends his gay brother's right to marry

"I served in Iraq to defend freedom and liberty, but the legislature in my home state of New Hampshire wanted to take away my brother Calvin's freedom to marry the person he loves just because he's gay. I started a petition asking New Hampshire's Republican legislature to do the conservative thing: stay out of people's private lives. More than 125,000 people signed my petition, and the legislature voted to uphold marriage equality. I hope one day I get to be the best man in Calvin's wedding." -Craig Stowell

Cancer survivor mom Jane convinces Mattel to manufacture bald Barbies

"I lost my hair when I went through chemo, and I know so many little girls go through the same thing -- it can be sad and scary. I started a petition asking Mattel to manufacture a bald Barbie so that little cancer warriors will see that they are beautiful princesses, too. Almost 35,000 people signed my petition, and now Mattel says it will make bald dolls and donate them to children's cancer wards around America." -Jane Bingham

Hope Mustakim uses petition to save her husband Naz from deportation

"With the outpouring of support from our community, numerous organizations, churches, Change.org, our incredible legal team, friends and family, and our loving God, my husband Nazry is back home in Waco. Thank you Change.org for believing in our cause and providing a way to gather the support that played a monumental part in winning Naz's freedom back. We are so grateful." -Hope Mustakim
somnonaut

Postby stars » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Hey may some explain to me why you so worry about
Who will elected
Look like you worry as lost road to WH
stars

Postby somnonaut » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Oy, what are you trying to start now Mik?
somnonaut

Postby stars » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:53 pm

GOP election
stars

Postby somnonaut » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Yeah, OK good luck with that.
somnonaut

Postby Jayhawkhenry » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:27 pm

It would be interesting, at least the % of vote is something. I head that only 400 members or so voted. I don't see any thing wrong with a member asking for more information.
Jayhawkhenry

Previous

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET