AAST Use of the RST Credential

American Association of Sleep Technologists
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:47 pm

AAST automatically lists you on your account and in their directory as RST, RPSGT. You can't change it even if you want to. How are they not promoting the RST over the RPSGT?
tiredjohnny1

Postby Water Boy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Next, watch as the font size of RPSGT starts shrinking...
Water Boy

Re: AAST Use of the RST Credential

Postby labman2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:16 pm

tiredjohnny1 wrote:If the AAST promotes 'all pathways to credentialing,' then why does the RST credential precede the RPSGT credential in all written publications, even after a person's name?

And why was the Board of Directors issued the first RST credentials (Kistner #1, Trimble #2)? Was that fair to the members? IRS laws require that members of non-profit boards do not use their position to inure any benefits to themselves. Doesn't having the status of being the first holder of a new credential add value to your resume? By the way, I submitted my application within two hours of the initial application being posted on the website, but the application was 'lost' for a month. Finally I was issued a certificate in the 400s.

Thank you Marietta Bibbs, Elise Maher, and Stephen Tarnoczy who are all members of the board but have refused to use their position to acquire RST credentials. They also are committed to upholding the value of the RPSGT credential. Unfortunately for AAST members, all are too smart to attempt to run for President-Elect. They know its a losing cause. I wish Brendan and Lia the best in the election, but I do not envy the frustration they will soon have if they win.

Well, if you think that is unfair with the early RST certificate Numbers for the board members, go to the BRPT site and see who precedes Peter McGregor as the lowest tech number .... and Peter was #1 , but another party with BRPT connections , got certified fairly recently and decided he should be first and is listed as registered tech 0000 .... before Peter.... :roll:
labman2

Re: AAST Use of the RST Credential

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 pm

labman2 wrote:
tiredjohnny1 wrote:If the AAST promotes 'all pathways to credentialing,' then why does the RST credential precede the RPSGT credential in all written publications, even after a person's name?

And why was the Board of Directors issued the first RST credentials (Kistner #1, Trimble #2)? Was that fair to the members? IRS laws require that members of non-profit boards do not use their position to inure any benefits to themselves. Doesn't having the status of being the first holder of a new credential add value to your resume? By the way, I submitted my application within two hours of the initial application being posted on the website, but the application was 'lost' for a month. Finally I was issued a certificate in the 400s.

Thank you Marietta Bibbs, Elise Maher, and Stephen Tarnoczy who are all members of the board but have refused to use their position to acquire RST credentials. They also are committed to upholding the value of the RPSGT credential. Unfortunately for AAST members, all are too smart to attempt to run for President-Elect. They know its a losing cause. I wish Brendan and Lia the best in the election, but I do not envy the frustration they will soon have if they win.

Well, if you think that is unfair with the early RST certificate Numbers for the board members, go to the BRPT site and see who precedes Peter McGregor as the lowest tech number .... and Peter was #1 , but another party with BRPT connections , got certified fairly recently and decided he should be first and is listed as registered tech 0000 .... before Peter.... :roll:

I have been fairly consistent in pointing out the unfair practices of both the AAST and BRPT, but the AAST is more egregious in that we pay them money to be on our side. John Ganoe choosing to be the lowest-numbered credential holder is outrageous and a dishonor to Mr. McGregor. That being said, don't you think 4 zeros is appropriate?
tiredjohnny1

Postby somnonaut » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Under what pathway did Mr. Ganoe become eligible I would like to know.
somnonaut

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Excellent question.
tiredjohnny1

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 am

Nevermind. At this particular moment I don't have further interest in worrying about any of these organizations.
tiredjohnny1

Maybe....

Postby labman2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:26 am

somnonaut wrote:Under what pathway did Mr. Ganoe become eligible I would like to know.

Maybe he got an honorary "lifetime" credential!!! :lol:
labman2

Postby fanofcart » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Another slap in the face.
fanofcart

Re: One day

Postby LadyCandy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:10 am

labman2 wrote:One day i am gonna get tiredjohnny to consider running for the AAST BOARD!

I learn so much from his posts!

Thanks TJ1!

Nah, COA PSG board!
LadyCandy

Re: One day

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 am

LadyCandy wrote:
labman2 wrote:One day i am gonna get tiredjohnny to consider running for the AAST BOARD!

I learn so much from his posts!

Thanks TJ1!

Nah, COA PSG board!

LC this is a very nice compliment. Thank you. I am a site visitor for CoA PSG and the Board took a lot of time and expense to train us. Its obvious how much the board cares about their role in helping programs startup and thrive. To be a member of that board would be a profound honor.
tiredjohnny1

Postby somnonaut » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm

somnonaut

Previous

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET