Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

new AAST coordinator

Postby FLtech » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:42 am

Well, this is interesting.

Introducing New AAST Coordinator Rich Rosenberg
American Association of Sleep Technologists
10/09/2012

Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself

I’m Rich Rosenberg, and I’ve recently taken over from Chris Waring as Coordinator for the American Association of Sleep Technologists. These are quite literally big shoes to fill and I’m sure all of you will join me in wishing Chris well in his new role as National Sales Account Coordinator. :shock:
FLtech

No biggie

Postby labman2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Just changing chairs on the dancefloor of the Titanic😊
labman2

Postby Amykr » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:52 pm

I did one of my five question interviews with him for the advance to get an idea where he is coming from. Also he wants to hear from teh community as to why they are having issues with the AAST. At least that was the impression I got during the membership committee meeting
Amykr

Question

Postby labman2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Seems like alot of his experience is with their big brother, the AASM... So I wonder how long he has been a member of the AAST. He did not mention it in his info....
labman2

Postby Amykr » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:24 pm

He really has not had a lot of exerience with the AAST that I do know. He is a writer of the A-Step and those types of things. He really did not seem to understand why membership is dropping off.
Amykr

Postby labman2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Amykr wrote:He really has not had a lot of exerience with the AAST that I do know. He is a writer of the A-Step and those types of things. He really did not seem to understand why membership is dropping off.

But... I quess with the jobs he has, and contacts he has, with AASM, it is good to give him an AAST gig, instead of perhaps, a long time AAST member... this way, when when your term is up at AAST, you may get a gig at the AASM! and round and round it goes...

... I would like to see how long he has been a dues paying AAST member... if it has not been long,... then effectively, the AAST has just told all their members that they are brainless idiots ho could not fill this internal position, andthe AAST had to look outside our membership to find someone .... but keep those membership checks coming! :wink:

Not from me.... done! :evil: :twisted: :x
labman2

Postby somnonaut » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 pm

This position has been as an AASM liaison from the get go. Chris Waring is not a sleep tech that I know of. He was appointed by the AAST Board though the AASM. There is no Chris Waring who holds a BRPT credential.
Why is this all a surprise to everyone?
somnonaut

Postby labman2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:14 pm

somnonaut wrote:This position has been as an AASM liaison from the get go. Chris Waring is not a sleep tech that I know of. He was appointed by the AAST Board though the AASM. There is no Chris Waring who holds a BRPT credential.
Why is this all a surprise to everyone?

The surprise is....

But why would the AAST Coordinator need to be an AASM liaison, why not look for someone who was a member of AAST? ... and why shouldnt it be an AAST member ?... Why cant a search be done of the present membership? Do you not believe a few of the AAST members could not work with the AASM without being "of them"? Isnt this what folks are not happy about? -the close relationships which clouds decisions for the members?
labman2

Postby somnus diabolus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:14 am

Why even have a coordinator? What's to coordinate?
somnus diabolus

Postby stars » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm

And now little more
ntroducing New Assistant AAST Coordinator Katelyn Fullerton
10/17/2012
I’m Katelyn Fullerton, and I recently joined the team as Assistant AAST Coordinator, supporting Dr. Richard Rosenberg. I’m a new transplant to the Windy City, moving most recently from Los Angeles, California.

A native of Northern Virginia, I earned my Bachelors Degree in Psychology from James Madison University focusing in Industrial Organizational and Counseling Psychology. Following graduation in 2010, I moved to the hidden gem of the south – Charleston, S.C. I continued the path paved by a previous internship working for a top Department of Defense contracting company and then broadened my experiences doing grant work for a national non-profit organization providing resources to families affected by autism. Now that the inhabitation of a cross-country figure eight is out of my system, I’m excited to be settled in Illinois and committed to this growing organization.

Although not directly involved in a history of studying sleep, I do greatly enjoy the pastime, so I’m confident we’ll all get along just fine. I am here to answer your questions, assist you in the membership process, handle committee and Board coordination, and serve as your AAST resource. I can always be reached at kfullerton@aastweb.org or by phone at 630-737-9704. Send me an email – I get excited when there is something in my inbox!
stars

Postby somnus diabolus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 pm

stars wrote:And now little more
10/17/2012
I’m Katelyn Fullerton, and I recently joined the team as Assistant AAST Coordinator, supporting Dr. Richard Rosenberg. I’m a new transplant to the Windy City, moving most recently from Los Angeles, California.

A native of Northern Virginia, I earned my Bachelors Degree in Psychology from James Madison University focusing in Industrial Organizational and Counseling Psychology. Following graduation in 2010, I moved to the hidden gem of the south – Charleston, S.C. I continued the path paved by a previous internship working for a top Department of Defense contracting company and then broadened my experiences doing grant work for a national non-profit organization providing resources to families affected by autism. Now that the inhabitation of a cross-country figure eight is out of my system, I’m excited to be settled in Illinois and committed to this growing organization.

Although not directly involved in a history of studying sleep, I do greatly enjoy the pastime, so I’m confident we’ll all get along just fine. I am here to answer your questions, assist you in the membership process, handle committee and Board coordination, and serve as your AAST resource. I can always be reached at kfullerton@aastweb.org or by phone at 630-737-9704. Send me an email – I get excited when there is something in my inbox!
So that means we're qualified to do work in the Psychology field for the DOD, right?
somnus diabolus

Postby somnonaut » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:45 pm

I am still baffled by this statement
"Now that the inhabitation of a cross-country figure eight is out of my system..."
somnonaut

Postby stars » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 am

somnus diabolus wrote:
10/17/2012

So that means we're qualified to do work in the Psychology field for the DOD, right?

Well Somnus as she say she excited to receive email from you ! So why not adress this ? to her :roll:
stars

Postby labman2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:07 am

10/17/2012

Isnt that just so cute! no experience with sleep but she enjoys it as a pasttime! She will fit right in there at the AAST/AASM! :roll:

Good luck to all of em!

Not renewing !
But no more money from me -at least until I feel some real changes!
labman2

Postby stars » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:04 am

Ok boys may yoy Labman or Somno email for her you view what we want from AAST see her response .
Or just ask her what she ant to do without sleep trainingor experience in this field
She is A NEW in this house may be she can bring new wind if you push her or just show right direction
What do you thing boys
Lab and Somno you both has big experience with AAST so why not to try
or you think this is below repaire
stars

Next

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET