Earn up to 32 CEUs FREE with AAST Membership in 2013?

American Association of Sleep Technologists
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

Earn up to 32 CEUs FREE with AAST Membership in 2013?

Postby lil_miss_sleeptech » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:48 pm

What do you all think about this development? I'm pretty stoked about it, seeing that all we get with the membership now is a digital copy of the quarterly and some discounts to their stuff.
lil_miss_sleeptech

Postby stars » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:08 pm

what about 1o-12 for free
go to resmed education web,plus respironics,plus sleeptalk and easy 12 credit or even more for free
stars

Postby lil_miss_sleeptech » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:52 pm

I love the ResMed ones Stars, I have taken all of theirs already! I think I took all of the Respironics ones, too. I like the AAST ones because they look like they offer a wider spectrum of education, whereas the free ones elsewhere kind of "recycle" the same lectures or ideas. (What is OSA? What are the benefits of Heated humidification? etc....)
lil_miss_sleeptech

Postby RPSGT88athome » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 am

You can get an unlimited number of free sleep related CEUs online through various websites so I see no benefit from paying AAST real money for the same thing. Paying for something I can easily get for free is just not right. It really is not.

RPSGT88
RPSGT88athome

Postby lil_miss_sleeptech » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm

@88, I'm with you on finding free ones. However, sometimes I see a lot of the exact same thing with CEUs, and the ones with the AAST seem a bit different, at least. Thoughts?
lil_miss_sleeptech

Postby labman2 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:27 pm

lil_miss_sleeptech wrote:@88, I'm with you on finding free ones. However, sometimes I see a lot of the exact same thing with CEUs, and the ones with the AAST seem a bit different, at least. Thoughts?

Not worth $125 dollar membership anymore... I enjoy the articles too... but I cannot in good conscience renew the membership anymore... or at least until I feel they are serious about repping the sleep techs and not their AASM partners. These two need to stand apart.

They used to offer a seperate magazine only price.. but I noticed in their wisdom they have eliminated that option... yet, another bad decision... Isnt SOME received money better than NO money? :roll:
labman2

Postby Amykr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 am

I can suggest that during out next committee meeting.
Amykr

Postby lil_miss_sleeptech » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:19 pm

@Labman, I understand what you're saying...the AAST should not just be a "CEU Mill", they should also help with legislative issues, tech advocacy, etc.
lil_miss_sleeptech

Postby Mairi2 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 pm

The AAST does help with legislative issues - they've given us a lot of good information. Advocacy, not so much...
Mairi2

Postby Jayhawkhenry » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 pm

[quote=Not worth $125 dollar membership anymore... I enjoy the articles too... but I cannot in good conscience renew the membership anymore... or at least until I feel they are serious about repping the sleep techs and not their AASM partners. These two need to stand apart.[/quote]

Right on!
Jayhawkhenry

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET