SLEEP 2013 Baltimore

Postby Rick » Tue May 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Anyone attending?
Rick

Postby Mairi2 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Me!
Mairi2

Postby Rick » Wed May 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Mary, that is great, we should have a drink and talk.
But, really? That is it? No one else?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Any reasons, like it is too far from where you are, or too expensive for the CMEs you get?
Is it that there are now more sources for y'all to get your CMEs?
Rick

Postby psmcChris » Wed May 29, 2013 8:24 pm

If the office was chipping in I'd go, I haven't been since San Antonio. The cost is just too much for me to flip the bill.
psmcChris

Postby SCNVsleep » Thu May 30, 2013 2:58 am

I could've gone, but the expense just for me would eat up most of my company's clinical education budget for the year. Choosing to send myself & Leads to smaller regional conferences this year.
SCNVsleep

Postby somnonaut » Thu May 30, 2013 4:07 am

It conflicted with a ppersonal trip that week.
somnonaut

Postby Rick » Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Thank you for your responses.
It seems like there will be low attendance numbers.
Mary, perhaps we could talk during the reception Monday evening?
Rick

no

Postby labman2 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 pm

cant get there this year... went to NESS a few months ago and cant do this at this time...enjoy!

Labman2
labman2

Postby Water Boy » Fri May 31, 2013 3:27 pm

I can't go but if you are, please someone attend event below and report back, did'nt the AASM uninvite BRPT at last years meeting? Watermark, while operating below their clinical standards, and in collusion with HMOs and their intermediaries to keep pts away from accredited brick and mortar sleep centers, is having a "landmark" presentation (presumably to tell you to join with them or be crushed by them):

Former Apple CEO John Sculley to speak at APSS/Sleep 2013
Please join us for a cocktail reception and landmark presentation by John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Computers and PepsiCo at Sleep 2013 on the “Consumerization of Healthcare”. Sculley will present the importance of technology, innovation and adaptation in healthcare services, and specifically address sleep medicine as consumers, employers and payors demand a rapid and evolving shift from procedure based to outcomes based medicine. The event is being held on Monday, June 3rd @5pm in room 314 of the convention center.
Water Boy

Postby REMFarmer » Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 pm

Wow! Suprprising to see so few headed to APSS! Can't say that I'd be there either though, if I had to pick up the tab for the trip - but I'm cheap lol Figured everyone else was going to be there with bells on... :D
REMFarmer

Postby SCNVsleep » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:59 am

Water Boy wrote:I can't go but if you are, please someone attend event below and report back, did'nt the AASM uninvite BRPT at last years meeting? Watermark, while operating below their clinical standards, and in collusion with HMOs and their intermediaries to keep pts away from accredited brick and mortar sleep centers, is having a "landmark" presentation (presumably to tell you to join with them or be crushed by them):

Former Apple CEO John Sculley to speak at APSS/Sleep 2013
Please join us for a cocktail reception and landmark presentation by John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Computers and PepsiCo at Sleep 2013 on the “Consumerization of Healthcare”. Sculley will present the importance of technology, innovation and adaptation in healthcare services, and specifically address sleep medicine as consumers, employers and payors demand a rapid and evolving shift from procedure based to outcomes based medicine. The event is being held on Monday, June 3rd @5pm in room 314 of the convention center.

Not really a landmark thing when a pimp shows up at a trade show to pimp his latest ho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sculley

Google wrote:Through their family investment office, Sculley Brothers, John Sculley and his brothers Arthur and David are investing in US health care because they see innovation in healthcare delivery services as an opportunity for their marketing skills and experience. Among their healthcare investments are Watermark Medical, MDLIVE, Audax Health Solutions, Misfit Wearables, and Modernizing Medicine.
SCNVsleep

Postby somnonaut » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:02 am

Ouch
somnonaut

Postby somnonaut » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 am

He did such wonders at Apple too while there. We can only hope he does the same for Watermark.
somnonaut

Postby polysomprincess » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Baltimore is not exactly a safe place...
polysomprincess

Postby somnonaut » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:33 pm

I remember, you have to really watch yourself walking past the convention center toward town and the hotels. Lots of homeless. Even saw a rat on a corner trash can.
somnonaut

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET