APT Elections

American Association of Sleep Technologists
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

APT Elections

Postby fanofcart » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:17 pm

Received my APT ballot on Saturday. Several observations:

1. There sure are a lot of people running for the four Board of Directors seats compared to other years! Fifteen, I counted. It is great to have this participation, usually there are only six to eight people running for the four seats.

2. Again, the ballot says to "vote for four candidates" for the BOD when it should say "vote for not more than four." I've brought this up before in the old sleepnet.com forum and I can not understand why this wording is like this.

3. It was amazing that so many people running for the BOD have only been APT members for four years or less. Don't you think that officers should have more years of membership in the APT?

4. There is one board member who is not registered who is now running for secretary. I have the utmost respect for this individual, but like I wrote on sleepnet.com, I feel that only registered polysomnographic technologists should hold offices in the APT. The rules evidently say that any APT member can run for office, so it is up to the voters to determine if non-registered candidates can get elected.

I urge all APT members to carefully read over all of the statements by the candidates who have taken the time to run for office, and to vote!
When I read the 15 BOD candidates' statements, I graded each one on a scale of 1 to 10 and voted for the four who I graded the highest. That might be a good way to approach this.
fanofcart

Postby fanofcart » Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:42 pm

I see that noone has responded to the message regarding the APT elections that I posted over one week ago. Is this to be taken as apathy or what??

:shock:
fanofcart

Installation of Officers in Chicago

Postby sleepstudy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:02 pm

President: Rose Ann Zumstein, RPSGT
Secretary: Kelly Million, RPSGT
Treasurer: Bill Rivers, RPSGT
Director-At-Large (DAL): Jon Atkinson, RPSGT
DAL: Michael Brennan, RPSGT
DAL: Laura Linley, RPSGT
DAL: Melinda Trimble, RPSGT

The rest of the Board can be found listed on the APTWEB.ORG website.
sleepstudy

Re: APT Elections

Postby angelique0706 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:46 pm

fanofcart

I attemted to join several committees in the APT and never really received any feedback. Not a phone call, email, nothing. I ran for the board because I want to be involved. Since I did not win, I will again attempt to join a committee. Perhaps others experienced the same.

angelique0706
angelique0706

Postby fanofcart » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:02 pm

I remember other people posting similar problems with the APT's unresponsiveness when they tried to volunteer. Don't remember if the posts were on this site or on sleepnet.com.
This is really bad when APT officers say: Please volunteer, we need everyone's help. Then when someone tries to volunteer there is no response from the APT.
Several years ago I tried to volunteer to be a proctor for the old Part 3 of the BRPT exam. I took the time to write a letter to the BRPT President at the time to volunteer my services and got NO reply. So this must be an APT-BRPT tradition.
fanofcart

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET