American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

Postby somnonaut » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:05 pm

A link to said statement ....
somnonaut

Postby strawberri » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 am

http://www.brpt.org/downloads/recertification/RPSGT_Recert_Handbook.pdf

Page 6:
RPSGTs choosing to re-certify by submission of hard-copy recertification documentation will be subject to a $50 surcharge to defer costs associated with handling, processing, and storing the documentation.

($5.00 donation please...lol!)
strawberri

Postby strawberri » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:21 am

Taken from the BRPT forum discussion:

10-30-10
Does anyone know how to delete a CEU that was put in twice on the BRPT new website thet allows us to put them in???
jbalderson

Posted - 11/04/2010 : 12:22:24
Hi,
Just letting you know that we are exploring the option to allow users to edit/delete CECs on their own from the web. We will make an announcement as updates are available.
Thanks,
Andy Nees

REPLY:
11-12-10
Hey Andy,
How about a message for each credential holder that would signal the end of the editing window.
Something like this: These CEC's have been validated and approved. They are available for your review.
You know, once you get to 50 approved CEC's, what's the need for editing?
Randy

REPLY:
11-15-10
That's not a bad idea, Randy. I'm not sure if we would remove the ability to edit (if that feature is implemented), but the idea of a little something extra to let everyone know they're done seems prudent. If staff time permits, we can try to get something like this up there.
strawberri

Postby somnonaut » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Don't really matter since us oldies will not have to recert anyway. Didn't you hear, we were Grandfatheredinot allowing us to use the RPSGT credential FOR LIFE since the BRPT took the exam and "simplified" it. We were pormised and guranteed in writing, and published, that the techs who PREIVOUSLY took the exam would NEVER have to recertify.

Uh, Mr. written agreement, may I introduce you to Mr. lawsuit.
somnonaut

Postby RedSoxSleepGuy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Ya, well does that mean I don't have to actually try and track all these older CEC's......I love being a grandfather but on this particular item I believed I got screwed with the rest of the old fogies.....
RedSoxSleepGuy

Postby strawberri » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:38 pm

This is what the handbook says on page 3....

All RPSGTs must now recertify every five years in order to retain the use of the RPSGT credential, including those previously “grandfathered,” or those who were under the 10-year recertification policy. For RPSGTs who earned their credential after January 1, 2006 the recertification cycle began on the date of certification. That date appears on their RPSGT certificate.
For the limited number of RPSGTs certified before January 2006 who chose to voluntarily switch to a 10-year recertification period – an option no longer available – the five year period began on the date of the request to switch. For all others, including those previously “grandfathered,” the five year recertification period began January 1, 2007. Recertification deadlines for CEC submission are available on the BRPT website beside each RPSGT name, so you can always refer back to see when your recertification information is due.

Just trying to make sense out of it all...not trying to cause confusion....you can log into the BRPT website and check your creditials and everyone has a recert date after their names.
strawberri

Postby strawberri » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Wow...they still have Mr. McGregor's name listed with a recert date at the end! He was the first to obtain the RPSGT certification right?

Mcgregor, Peter A NY RPSGT 001 06/01/1979 01/01/2012

Hmm...guess I learned all kinds of new stuff today. That handbook is interesting reading.
strawberri

Previous

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET