Call for 2011 AAST Award Nominations

American Association of Sleep Technologists
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

Call for 2011 AAST Award Nominations

Postby polysomprincess » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:15 pm

GOOO AND CAST YOUR VOTES!!!!
Each year the American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST) recognizes individual members for their professional excellence, service and commitment to the association and to the sleep technology profession. AAST award recipients will be recognized in an awards ceremony conducted at the Annual Meeting, receive a plaque, complimentary general meeting registration to the 33nd AAST Annual Meeting, reimbursement for travel to and from the Annual Meeting, hotel accommodations and meals (not to exceed three days).

The Peter A. McGregor, RPSGT Service Award - This award is presented to a member of the AAST who has exhibited outstanding service and contribution to the association and organizational development.

The Elliott Weitzman, MD Service Award - This award is presented to a member of the AAST in recognition of service and dedication to the advancement of the sleep technology profession.

The Sharon Keenan, PhD, RPSGT Service Award -This award is presented to a member of the AAST for outstanding contributions to sleep technology education.

The Mary Carskadon, PhD Literary Award * - This award is presented to a member of the AAST for recognition based on an original abstract in clinical or basic research deemed to represent excellence by a sleep technologist.

The A2Zzz Literary Award *- This award is presented to a member of the AAST for recognition of an original article published in A2Zzz Magazine deemed to represent excellence in technical literary writing by a sleep technologist.

The German Nino-Murcia, MD Achievement Award - This award is presented to an AAST member who has recently (January 2010 to December 2010) passed the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists credentialing examination and who best exemplifies excellence in the performance of a polysomnogram and in patient care.
polysomprincess

Postby LadyCandy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am

How does this work?

Nominating someone puts them in the running? And then who votes, all AAST members or the AAST board, or...whoever gets the most nominations. This stuff is confusing!
LadyCandy

Re: Call for 2011 AAST Award Nominations

Postby LadyCandy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:17 am

polysomprincess wrote:GOOO AND CAST YOUR VOTES!!!!
Each year the American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST) recognizes individual members for their professional excellence, service and commitment to the association and to the sleep technology profession. AAST award recipients will be recognized in an awards ceremony conducted at the Annual Meeting, receive a plaque, complimentary general meeting registration to the 33nd AAST Annual Meeting, reimbursement for travel to and from the Annual Meeting, hotel accommodations and meals (not to exceed three days).

The Peter A. McGregor, RPSGT Service Award - This award is presented to a member of the AAST who has exhibited outstanding service and contribution to the association and organizational development.

The Elliott Weitzman, MD Service Award - This award is presented to a member of the AAST in recognition of service and dedication to the advancement of the sleep technology profession.

The Sharon Keenan, PhD, RPSGT Service Award -This award is presented to a member of the AAST for outstanding contributions to sleep technology education.

The Mary Carskadon, PhD Literary Award * - This award is presented to a member of the AAST for recognition based on an original abstract in clinical or basic research deemed to represent excellence by a sleep technologist.

The A2Zzz Literary Award *- This award is presented to a member of the AAST for recognition of an original article published in A2Zzz Magazine deemed to represent excellence in technical literary writing by a sleep technologist.

The German Nino-Murcia, MD Achievement Award - This award is presented to an AAST member who has recently (January 2010 to December 2010) passed the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists credentialing examination and who best exemplifies excellence in the performance of a polysomnogram and in patient care.

PS. It's that time of year again.
LadyCandy

Postby polysomprincess » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Forgive me I am on my cell phone, but as I understand, you have to be on AAST commitee. Then when its open to nomination. which it is now, I sent all my application paperwork, and am waiting to see if excepted... Then elections will take place and that will be done by all AAST members... The AAST will post all the nominnees info on the AAST website for the members to view our bios and pics... Ps...vote for me ;)
polysomprincess

Postby labman2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:54 pm

polysomprincess wrote:Forgive me I am on my cell phone, but as I understand, you have to be on AAST commitee. Then when its open to nomination. which it is now, I sent all my application paperwork, and am waiting to see if excepted... Then elections will take place and that will be done by all AAST members... The AAST will post all the nominnees info on the AAST website for the members to view our bios and pics... Ps...vote for me ;)

I will be voting for you.... but unlike last time, you have to let people know well in advance (as you are doing this time!)

So when they will get that nomination info, they will know to look for Lia and check the box! They will know who you are. Most times, when the nomination form arrives, I have no idea who most of the folks are. It is nice to know their backgrounds, thoughts, opinions, perosnalities etc. ahead of time.

I also sent in my nomination packet and am hoping that I will be on the ballot with you. The AAST has stated that this process is fair and equitable and open to all AAST members. I am hoping that is the case.
We will see how it all evolves. All I want to see is positive change that will benefit the techs out here.

Good Luck! VOTE FOR LIA!!!!!!

Good luck !
labman2

Postby polysomprincess » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Brendan, thanks foe the vote of confidence! But I must interject with my real name is Kornelia Deneau , Lia is my nick name! I didnt know what I could do to campaign last year.. who knows I may not even be excepted! But I look forward to the race!.. Good luck Bremdan... Thanks for PASTA group!!!
polysomprincess

Postby LadyCandy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:21 pm

You guys are running for the board and or a committee? Or being nominated for an award? Which award should we look to vote for you guys in?
LadyCandy

Postby polysomprincess » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:30 pm

I am already on commitee... That is volunteer! ...we are throwing our hat in for Director at large positions...those are the ones elected by AAST members...
polysomprincess

Postby labman2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:32 pm

LadyCandy wrote:You guys are running for the board and or a committee? Or being nominated for an award? Which award should we look to vote for you guys in?

Ms. Deneau ( :lol: ) and I have submitted nomination packets for the AAST open seats as Directors. I believe my good friend Lia AKA Kornelia (so we get her name recognized for the voters) has labored on committees already and given of her time and talents on behalf of her fellow techs.

I am running as I believe I can help and also because I want to make sure that the nomination process is not a closed process that could cause only "friends of friends" to be selected by a nominating committee. So... I threw my hat in to test the system and also because I do believe I can help.

I urge all AAST members to review the candidates, ask questions, share thoughts and opinions and please vote for whomever you feel will be the best candidate ! ( VOTE FOR K Deneau!!)) I certanly expect that Lia should be on the ballot given her sacrifice of time and talent and passion for all things sleep!
labman2

Postby LadyCandy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Cool.

So then, does anyone know how the awards I asked about work for nominations and votes/winning?
LadyCandy

Postby labman2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:29 pm

LadyCandy wrote:Cool.

So then, does anyone know how the awards I asked about work for nominations and votes/winning?

Call for Awards

The AAST Awards Committee is currently accepting 2012 award nominations. AAST members are encouraged to recognize other members' contributions and achievements by submitting a 2012 Award Nomination Form and a brief narrative endorsing their nomination to AASTAwards@AASTWeb.org by January 31, 2012.

For additional information about the awards and nomination process, and to download forms, visit the AAST website. If you have questions following the review of these materials, please contact Chris Waring at cwaring@aastweb.org or (630) 737-9704.

* Nominations for literary awards must include a copy of the respective document.

labman2

Postby LadyCandy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:45 pm

So the award committee decides?
LadyCandy

Postby polysomprincess » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Brenden,.....

I think I must hire you for my campaign manager!!! ...lol...love you for the kind words... Your passion for sleep is truly a breath of fresh air...

xoxo
polysomprincess

Postby labman2 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:54 pm

polysomprincess wrote:Brenden,.....

I think I must hire you for my campaign manager!!! ...lol...love you for the kind words... Your passion for sleep is truly a breath of fresh air...

xoxo

I think if you want something you have to campaign and start early. Plenty of folks know and love you as polysomnoprincess, but they didnt connect that to the name on the ballot last time. (even I wasnt sure till I spoke with you right before the ballot submission.)

So... I am gona make sure that you and I are "name recognized" by all who may vote.

It also gives folks a chance to contact you or I to ask questions, offer suggestions, and/or comments that will keep us in tune with what the AAST techs (and techs in general) are concerned about .

So I say ....... VOTE K Deneau!!!! in the AAST elections!!!! :wink:
labman2

Postby polysomprincess » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:57 pm

SAWEET BABY B!....

VOTE FOR LABMAN...UH ER....BRENDAN....LOL!!!

PEACE, LOVE , SLEEP!
polysomprincess

Next

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET