Call for 2011 AAST Award Nominations

American Association of Sleep Technologists
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:25 pm

polysomprincess wrote:lol Cart... wha you dont like typos?!

Hasn't 'Fanofcart' been responsible for many typos regarding his name on this forum? :D
tiredjohnny1

Postby LadyCandy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:11 am

LadyCandy wrote:
tiredjohnny1 wrote:I submitted an award nomination last year for a colleague. If I remember correctly, the people that won all the awards were only the well-known AAST folks. I don't remember any public vote on those awards, only on the BOD.

LC you should submit your name for the literary award. I believe you can self-nominate.

Waiting for the December article to be published. I think its better, you tell me what you think when you guys read it, k?

Speak of the devil, new issue is up and live!
LadyCandy

Postby LadyCandy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:14 am

LadyCandy wrote:
tiredjohnny1 wrote:I submitted an award nomination last year for a colleague. If I remember correctly, the people that won all the awards were only the well-known AAST folks. I don't remember any public vote on those awards, only on the BOD.

LC you should submit your name for the literary award. I believe you can self-nominate.

Waiting for the December article to be published. I think its better, you tell me what you think when you guys read it, k?

LadyCandy

Postby LadyCandy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 am

*sigh* false alarm
LadyCandy

Postby fanofcart » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:43 pm

tiredjohnny1 wrote:
polysomprincess wrote:lol Cart... wha you dont like typos?!

Hasn't 'Fanofcart' been responsible for many typos regarding his name on this forum? :D

A can of beans for you!
fanofcart

Postby LadyCandy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 pm

LadyCandy wrote:
LadyCandy wrote:

For real this time, finally up and live lol
LadyCandy

Postby polysomprincess » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:35 pm

curious.....

anyone that is an AAST member have you downloaded the nominations forms for the awards?.... have you chosen someone for the awards???

just wondering, cause I have just printed mine and am contemplating who to nominate.... :lol:
polysomprincess

Postby LadyCandy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 am

I thought of all kinds of people to nominate..and that made me realize just how few of my colleagues are members of the AAST...been on a mission to fix that.

I did manage to identify and nominate a new tech for the achievement award who recently passed their boards. Horray.

Ahem, and you know, I'm in AAST...and I wrote a couple articles that could be nominated 8-[
LadyCandy

Postby RPSGT88athome » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:48 am

LC I am not an aast member because I disagree with how they operate.

RPSGT88
RPSGT88athome

Postby LadyCandy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:01 am

RPSGT88athome wrote:LC I am not an aast member because I disagree with how they operate.

RPSGT88

Become president, and change how they operate. 8)
LadyCandy

Postby labman2 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 pm

RPSGT88athome wrote:LC I am not an aast member because I disagree with how they operate.

RPSGT88

RPSGT.... I am running for the Board because in part I disagree with how they operate.... I cant just sit by and complain without trying to do my part. In fairness, they also have several things I think are good (some just need tweeking)

Join, get involved, and be the change you desire! :wink:
labman2

Postby polysomprincess » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:25 pm

hey...make suggestions.. we need to get folks nominated for these awards!!!
polysomprincess

Postby polysomprincess » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:26 pm

I agree... and keep touting.... if you dont like things....GET INVOLVED... VOTE!! .... MAKE A CHANGE FROM WITHIN...

cause the complaints can be addressed and rectified when we voice our concerns and opinions and throw our hats in... and work...

chenge heppens frrrom vittin! ...as my mother would say it.. :D
polysomprincess

Postby LadyCandy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 am

Right...it's easy to say "can't we all just get along?", it's really much harder to actually enact the change you hope and wish to see happen.

Light a fire under their butts, Poly.
LadyCandy

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 am

The AAST serves techs well in many respects. I am a member for professional reasons. However, for those who are interested in 'changing things' it is important to recognize what the AAST is not. It is not a sleep technologist professional trade organization any longer. Due to its intimate relationship and partnership with the AASM, it has removed itself from any capable position to serve as a labor/trade association for sleep technologists. If that is the change that you want to see, it cannot happen unless the AAST removes itself physically, financially, and operationally from the AASM. It cannot represent both physician/tech interests simultaneously, as those interests are by nature of the employer/employee relationship in opposition. So enjoy the AAST for what it is and understand what it is not.
tiredjohnny1

PreviousNext

Return to AAST/AARC/ASET