G3 vs G3 with somnolyzer

G3 vs G3 with somnolyzer

Postby jweberllk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 pm

HI!
Trying to access editing time of the automatic scoring system of the Alice NightOne. Is there a significant difference in the use of scoring with the automated G3 software VS the automated G3 software with Somnolyzer that constitutes the added charge to using the Somnolyzer software? (Tech time to manual edit vs tech time to manual edit with Somnolyzer ) What is the more efficient way?

Any Benefits to Somnolyzer?

Thanks!!
jweberllk

Re: G3 vs G3 with somnolyzer

Postby RayMeece » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:35 am

Didn't know there was a choice/difference.

We do ALL manual scoring, except desats.

I have tried in the past to allow computer scoring, and then edit, but it seemed to be more work than what is needed to do it manually.

Oh, I just noticed you said Alice Night One. Wow. That should be manually scored. Doesn't take that long at all.
RayMeece

Postby jweberllk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Thanks for the reply Ray! I appreciate it. Have you had experience with the G3 software and somnolyzer combo?

https://www.learningconnection.philips. ... s?tid=4030
jweberllk

Postby RayMeece » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:30 am

This is from the HELP section on our G3:

Note: Computer-based sleep scoring is intended to help improve efficiency in scoring a sleep study—not to replace a qualified healthcare provider's clinical judgment and analysis. For the native and free auto-scoring functions in Sleepware G3, Philips Respironics strongly recommends that a competent healthcare provider review the entire study and modify the scoring as necessary. For the premium auto-scoring functions from Somnolyzer, Philips Respironics recommends to apply the Philips proprietary "Expert Review Procedure" to every study analyzed by Somnolyzer. The user should always review the entire sleep study recording.

Somnolyzer is included in the software package, and Philips even recommends reviewing and correcting(if needed) the scoring. If you gotta do that, why not just score it yaself. It doesn't take that much time anyway. Especially on the NightOne units. You don't score sleep, just respiratory.
RayMeece

Postby picklish » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks, that's a useful section to send to the increasing number of people and departments who just do automated scoring. I'd like similar disclaimers from other companies who provide scoring software, as I frequently hear "but in trials our system was shown to be super accurate, why do we need a technician?"
picklish

Return to Alice (Respironics)