Alice 5 Base Unit on Reboot Loop

Alice 5 Base Unit on Reboot Loop

Postby mystony » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:06 am

I came into work after a large storm. We had a power outage. I noticed one of the Alice base stations rebooting... Then I realized there was no connection to the front desk. I don't think there is a way for me to dial into this thing to repair it remotely. Does anyone know how I can reset or reload the Alice 5 Base station to get it back on track?

Please Help!
mystony

Re: Alice 5 Base Unit on Reboot Loop

Postby stars » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:12 am

Try try firsts unplug from power wait 5-10 min. And power back and restart
stars

Postby mystony » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:47 am

Update:

Oh I've tried letting it rest, and have done a fresh start multiple times with no luck. Since my original post I've confirmed that the units aren't under warranty anymore so I opened the recorder up to inspect likely causes. I found a hard drive, (which surprised me considering how silent the units are). This is the first component in any computer to break down mechanically. I set it up for testing tmrw. If it's a bad hard drive I'll simply by a replacement > pull a working hard drive out of one of my other working recorders > ghost the image. This should work... I'll keep updating.
mystony

Postby Murcielago » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:10 am

I would like to know how this issue was resolved. Are you aware of any documentation for the Alice 5 and LE base stations to help with troubleshooting?

I also have noticed many times that the base stations malfunction after power outages and have had zero issues with them once I installed a APC Power-UPS on each base station and on each recording workstation.

PR no longer supports this hardware so any issues we are on our own now.
Murcielago

Postby RayMeece » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 am

just replacing the HDD may NOT fix this issue.

Prob need to upgrade to Alice 6.
RayMeece

Postby Manny » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:16 pm

I can repair your Alice 5 base station if you need them fixed. Private message me if you need help
Manny

Return to Alice (Respironics)