HL7

HL7

Postby somnonaut » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Does anyone use XLTEK in an environment where they have HL7 export to an EHR/EMR, and if you do, does XLTEK export actual values or only a PDF of the report?
somnonaut

Re: HL7

Postby cmassicotte » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:36 am

We use Sleepworks, but have only begun to explore the HL7 option. The process (and $) for constructing the solution is quite involved. It is not simply PDF export, but rather HL7 allows for real-time communication between your database and your hospital's EMR via XML.
cmassicotte

Postby somnonaut » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:35 pm

We have gotten a quote, but have been told that XLTEK CAN ONLY export a PDF of the report, no individual values. And this is to Epic too, the largest user base of Hospital EHR. It makes no sense. Their literature is rife with mention of exporting values. Has anyone else heard this craziness?
somnonaut

Postby cmassicotte » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:59 pm

I think they're talking strictly about the embedded functionality of Natus Database with respect to HL7 export. As far as I know, you have to have either your in-house IS or an external contractor write the code to have them interface in the manner you are talking about. Our IS built one for our Neurology people, but when we heard it was going to be about $25K to get it done, we put it off, as we're probably going to be changing EMR within the next 5-10 years. I know a few people there; I'll see if can find out a few more details.

What values are you wanting to export to Epic? AHI? Height, weight, BMI?
cmassicotte

Postby somnonaut » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:46 pm

We have gotten the same $25+K and we are doing it, but I see no utility if there is nothing except a PDF attached to Epic which we already do by hand. It is ludicrous to charge for data export when only a file is exported. We are looking for standard fare of AHI? Height, weight, BMI and other fields. We would like to know which fields can be exported. There usually is a listing as the reporting engine. Each field code has an address in the XML file.
somnonaut

Postby somnonaut » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Thanks for any help you can offer.
somnonaut

Postby cmassicotte » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:06 pm

I sent you an email with some follow up information...
cmassicotte

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:46 pm

We are considering this as well. Can you please share the information? Thanks
tiredjohnny1

Postby glenn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:53 pm

We are using the HL7 to export to Enterprise. We are also importing from NONIN Pox and RESMED ALink devices. You must have them build the tables for import. And remember any change in the report will require changes in the import tables or them will fail. So while it works, experience is showing the definite limitations and long term master-slave relationship. It is unfortunate. Not expected.
glenn

Postby glenn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Also, they are working on improving it all.
glenn

Return to Inspirex (XLTEK)