Has anyone ever used....

Has anyone ever used....

Postby stephen_98 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:39 pm

I am opening a lab, but I am having trouble selecting PSG equipment....The age old question.

Has anyone ever used XLTEK their brand is Hyppo.

Thanks
stephen_98

Postby RayMeece » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:36 am

Never heard of it. I suggest sticking with a reputable company, because when it breaks down 2 years from now, you want to be able to contact them. Go with the big names. Sensormedics, Alice, Resmed, Cadwell, and others. Look at the ones listed under the sleep systems section of this forum.
RayMeece

Postby stephen_98 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:56 am

Thanks for the quick reply. XLTEK has been in business for 20 + years, but primarily making EEG equipment.

I guess what blew me away was the responsiveness and willingness of the salesman. I mean I spoke with the rep from another company and the fellow was curt, didn't clearly explain his products etc... Any way, I was impressed not by xltak sales pitch, but rather by the ease of communicating with the rep.

The other companies that I am looking into are Sensormedicss, Bio-Logic, and REMbrandt; I will expand my search to include the other that you mentioned.

Also off topic, any body looking for a tech position in the eastern Ohio area.

Best Regards, Stephen
stephen_98

Postby SLEEPERS » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:15 pm

Hi Stephen

Out of the other 3 pieces of equipment I prefer Sensormedics. It is one of the easiest systems to score with. I have not had much success with Bio-logic system.

I would welcome to talk more with you about you opening up your sleep center. My company may be able to help we offer training, scoring , and consulting.

www. registeredsleepers.com
www. crandata.com

Feel free to vist these web sites. Maybe we can help you.

Just PM and we can talk

Take Care
SLEEPERS

PSG Systems

Postby respbarb » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:18 pm

If you like this salesman, ask him for a list of labs using his product. He should be more than happy to comply. Then try to visit those labs.
We use Sensormedics, and we are happy, but service is half the deal.
Good Luck
respbarb

Postby bob » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:51 am

I echo what Ray said - think about the longevity of the company - but also the longevity in this particular line of equipment. What I mean is that they may still be in business X years from now but may have dropped or sold their sleep system to somebody else - I have seen both of these scenarios occur with deleterious consequences. It is a good start that the salesman is forthcoming etc. but a. He probably isn't the one who will do the support. b. He could be working for Cadwell or Compumedics or Burger King by this time next week! At the APSS last year there were a number of new players there from EEG and other markets. I say more power to them but I would be a little wary.
bob

Postby chrisusd » Wed May 26, 2004 6:24 pm

Is there any new information about this sleep system? I have seen that they are still in business and still sell the equipment. Is anyone using it? If so, how is it compared to it's competitors? How is the service?
chrisusd

Postby Rick » Wed May 26, 2004 11:19 pm

Haven't even seen this equipment but, they are sure to have a booth at the APSS meeting. That is like less than two weeks away now. If you go you can check 'em out or ask others to look for you (people whose opinion you know and trust).
Rick

Technical Support is laughable

Postby sleeptechnmi » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:14 pm

Okay, I have my personal preferences and I like what I like but I only hear that this companies product and specifically there tech support is terrible. A very dear and close friend of mine in Franklin, TN is trying to return a month old system of theirs. The install was done by a contract person, who stayed for 2 days, they havents seen the rep since the quote was signed and thats for starters. Again, I dont want to take money out of anyones pockets by my comments, but I would be VERY careful before buying this system/s.
sleeptechnmi

Postby dddelishus » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:24 am

I've heard of it and have a friend that uses it in an independent lab. She does not recommend it. I use Nicolet in a hospital lab and after the bugs were worked out, I'm pleased. I am helping a local neurologist find eq. for a 1 bed lab in her office. we're looking for a low-end, tech friendly system. got any suggestions?
dddelishus

Xltek sleep

Postby sleepchamp » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:37 am

my lab purchased Xltek and have been very pleased with it. We've used NK, Compumedics, and Alice in the past but the Xltek has by far been the best experience. Of the only couple of times we've had to contact tech support, they've responded immediately and solved our issue. Scoring is a breeze and our doctor's love the system overall.
sleepchamp

Postby Shelbysleeplab » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:42 pm

Just got our lab setup with XLTek and am delighted with customer service and the equipment. THere are alot of very useful bells and whistles and the fact that it was designed by PSG techs is evident. The techs love it and so far it has exceeded my expectations. \:D/
Shelbysleeplab

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:01 pm

now that you have had some time with XLTEC what do you think of the system now?

Are you able to run a full EEG if needed during a sleep study?
TexasSleepguy

oh well

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:54 pm

Never mind. It wont interface with our hsopital server systems. we are total digital chart systems.
TexasSleepguy

Postby nole10s » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:21 am

I have used XLTEK for 2 years and love it. I have used Alice 3,4 and 5, Sandman and Rembrandt in the past. You can add any additional channels, EEG or anything else, on the fly during acquisition without stopping the recording. The tech support has been pretty strong compared to other systems I have used and scoring is very fast. It also integrates well with our electronic medical records and we can score remotely!
nole10s

Next

Return to Inspirex (XLTEK)