They still around?

They still around?

Postby rip van winkle » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:37 pm

How are things going for xltek anyone using the equipment.
It seemed very easy to use and well thought out, some of the reps were the nicest folks in sleep.
rip van winkle

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:57 pm

Yep, they are still around.
They were purchased by Natus, who also bought Bio-logic, Schwarzer, and Meditel.
When referring to the nicest folks in sleep do you mean someone by the name of Micah?
Rick

Postby rip van winkle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:56 pm

wow, lots of purchases going on. monpoly game or what?
Micah was a great rep. very helpful and knew the sleep biz.
rip van winkle

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:41 pm

No need to use the past tense, MIcah had come and worked with us at Pro-Tech and now works for Natus, more in the EEG end now, though. He is the Past-President of the Pacific Northwest Sleep Association (PNSA), very good guy who is conversant with what he does, not like some sales people...
Rick

XLTEK-Natus Oh My

Postby TexasSleepguy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:02 pm

XLtek looks to be going with the same problems as Biologic since purchase. Out-sourced Tech support. It was and is with great hope that XLTEK -Natus will see the error of their ways and correct the problems.
Biologic once the great leader in Sleep, taken over by Natus became the butt of many jokes.
Can we expect the same with XLTEK?
TexasSleepguy

Re: XLTEK-Natus Oh My

Postby TexasSleepguy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:24 am

TexasSleepguy wrote:XLtek looks to be going with the same problems as Biologic since purchase. Out-sourced Tech support. It was and is with great hope that XLTEK -Natus will see the error of their ways and correct the problems.
Biologic once the great leader in Sleep, taken over by Natus became the butt of many jokes.
Can we expect the same with XLTEK?

UPDATE

XLTEK is actually not bad folks it is very tech friendly and the Tech Support has improved!!
TexasSleepguy

Postby somnonaut » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:42 pm

I am using this right now for the first time. It has to be the worst software I have ever used. Stupid, as to who put which functions under what menu items, and the paucity of channel control just boggles my mind I already found 2 major bugs, and feel hesitant to try any settings for fear of crashing the system as I have found.

I would never have purchased this software package if it was my decision.

Very disappointed. I would rather use Grass over this.
somnonaut

Postby somnonaut » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Just experienced a third bug.
Try changing the color of a study being recorded.
REBOOT.
Oh man this aint ready for prime time.
somnonaut

Postby Amykr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:02 pm

I still find the system buggy and am having it crash alot but I have to admit the tracings are beautiful and easy to score compared to my other two alice 6 systems
Amykr

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:26 pm

I love XLTek. Once you know the system better you will probably really like it. Best EEG tracings Ive seen.
tiredjohnny1

Postby somnonaut » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:49 pm

TJ,
What systems have you used?
The signals look totally ridiculous. You cannot place a ruler on a channel to even know a voltage beside the stupid unusable little scale marker. (I have to take a snapshot of this thing it is truly moronic.) 140microv up? Where did that come from?
Most of my griping has to do with documentation, oh sorry, I mean lack of documentation. I have not been given a pdf, a video, tutorial or anything. Only a non-context sensitive Help file. Oh wonderous day, so now I have to plow through the help file to figure out where they lodged the item I am interested in finding help about. It is not context sensitive, REALLY?! In 2012, you cannot make a context sensitive help file (you know press F1 and the help file opens to item you are working with), REALLY XLTEK? C'mon.....

And then the waveforms, oh please... Nothing better than anything else, and on the low scale of manipulatable. I LOOOVVEE how you right button click a channel and open "channel properties" to be presented with a small dialog box with no less than 15 tabs, and you selected channel has ONE function (+ polariy up [checkbox] default). The obvious engineers who designed this system should be shot.
somnonaut

Postby somnonaut » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Amykr wrote:I still find the system buggy and am having it crash alot but I have to admit the tracings are beautiful and easy to score compared to my other two alice 6 systems

Well compared to Alice anything is better.
somnonaut

Postby Amykr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:30 pm

hey what can I tell you. I also find they nickle and dime you for updates. In fact they do not make updates for my system anymore but if I want to spend $5000 a computer I can buy the update
Amykr

Postby Vix » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 am

So you're having fun then Somno? :lol:
Vix

Postby somnonaut » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:35 am

A blast. First pt already vomited x2 and has EEG off the scale because of his hydrocephaly. 60cm circumfrence @ 35mos. Great hookup though. Everything is on. Ran all the wires in two huge bundles (one head, the other body) back down along the back under the chest belt and out to the head box which is mid bed. Looks like he has an umbilical cord. But it works for mom and me, since he turns from his OSA and hyper pressurizing of his thorax from the paradoxing. Hence the vomit.

As for the equipment. Blech! Still swearing at it. VIdeo has turned off now 4 times for no reason. Had a reboot for no reason also. Finally got a PDF. You have to read this thing to believe it. They put the chapter on how to start a study at pg 41 and the chapter explaining montages at pg. 199.
Yeah good job. :wink: Give these engineering geek dweebs a raise.
somnonaut

Next

Return to Inspirex (XLTEK)