Impedances with Xltek

Impedances with Xltek

Postby nitenitebaby » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 am

We recently changed equipment from Rembrant to Xltek and since the change the techs have had a very hard time getting the impedances down. The techs didn't have a problem getting the impedances down on Rembrant but since the change we can't get one study with all the electrodes at for below 5 kohms. Does anyone else have this problem with the equipment? All the techs are RPSGT with many years in the sleep field. No newbies. It's even to the point to where the techs are now asking for training classes on how to prep a patient.
nitenitebaby

Postby somnonaut » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Is it measured ONLY through the system, or independently through an Ohm meter?
somnonaut

Postby nitenitebaby » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:24 pm

only thru the system
nitenitebaby

Postby somnonaut » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:48 pm

corrborate impedance with external meter. It is most likely system related and not the true nature of the electrodes. Did you change electrodes types with the new system?
somnonaut

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:38 pm

Also, you need to remember that with new amplifiers it is more important to get impedance matching than low impedances.
If all electrodes are at 10K ohms you will get better signals than if one is at 10K ohms and the rest at 500 ohms and anywhere in between.
Rick

Postby nitenitebaby » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:27 am

We are going to test it with the ohms meter. Thanks for your input.
To reply to getting the impedances to match with the new amplifiers, we are an accredited lab and have to follow the AASM guidelines. We have a doctor the dictates that due to high impedances abnormal EEG can not be identified and if seizure activity is suspected a routine EEG would need to be completed. I score the studies and I have no problem with the signals unless of course leads came off but I'm talking about studies that the impedances are lower than 10kohms with identifiable EEG abnormalities. Techs are required to lower their impedances or have their studies dictated that inadequate testing performed.
nitenitebaby

Postby somnonaut » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:12 pm

My EEG dept moved to XLTEK about 2 years ago. Very unhappy.
somnonaut

how did your impedance test go?

Postby sleeplessStoneyCreek » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:10 am

Hi - you said you were going to compare your xltek impedance values with an independent ohm meter - did you ? if so, how did it go? (I'm asking cause I've seen the same thing but have never compared it with another meter. thx.
sleeplessStoneyCreek

impedences down

Postby nancy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 pm

we, did change to (Xltek) about 2months ago.
I had the same problem, I finally learn this system is very sensitive. I always scrub with lemon prep,but I guess I would not remove all the grits. Nu prep was less abrasive. Its working so far. believe I had stressful nights because of my impedences #-o
nancy

Return to Inspirex (XLTEK)