CECs - just one needed

Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

CECs - just one needed

Postby picklish » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 am

Anyone know where I can do some online CECs? I'm on 49 at the moment, so a free/cheap online course or test just offering one or two credits would be find, but my Google skills are failing me here.

Is there a good resource that lists them? I did one via CME Outfitters in the past but am struggling to navigate through their websites to find anything suitable.

On this page by Respironics everything I have clicked on so far is titled "Accredited: No accreditation" - https://www.learningconnection.philips. ... -education

Resmed just seem to ask you to call them - http://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare- ... ation.html

I'm not in the USA, so that narrows down things. Any help appreciated
picklish

Re: CECs - just one needed

Postby RayMeece » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 am

Are you a member of the AAST? or do you do the ISR scoring?
RayMeece

Postby picklish » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:38 am

Labs in the UK don't tend to have or need AASM lab accreditation (which is why I would assume you would do ISR scoring? This is the first I have heard of it).

Most (i.e. 99%) centres are National Health Service and have their own in-house requirements for reliability - usually that at least one tech is RPSGT, and they do inter-rater reliability with other techs.

I see that the AAST membership gives a good number of CECs for $75, certainly something I will look into, so thanks
picklish

Postby RayMeece » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:57 am

Well, the reason I asked is because if y'all were doing the ISR, then that gives you 12 CEC's per year. ISR is independent of accreditation. It is Inter-Scorer Reliability, and it gives your lab a way to check that all your scorers are in agreement on the scoring.

And being a member of the AAST allows you to get, like 40 CECs a year ( sounds high - my memory may be lacking right now)
RayMeece

Return to BRPT