Questions on the RPSGT exam.

Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Questions on the RPSGT exam.

Postby Kylamac5 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Help!!! I went a few days ago to take the brpt's registry exam. I was fully prepared and had studied and memorized everything I thought was possible to know. I needed a 350 to pass and walked away with a 344! I was stunned and heartbroken. There were sooo many questions on the test about computers and archiving and how long to keep studies and other such things that were not in any book that I have ever seen or used for study. We use Respironics in our lab and they do everything for us as far as problems and set up. I am the lone and lead sleep tech at our lab and have no one else to turn to for help. I want to go and try again in a few weeks I am wondering if
1. I will receive the questions that I missed so I can research the answers?
2. Where can I go to learn this computer knowledge.

I really thought this was about being able to take great care of your patients, run a clean study and score it well. All of which I do a great job at! I hate that these silly things held me up!!
Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Kylamac5

Postby somnonaut » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Kylamac5
Use the search function at the top to search for this string "archiving AND exam" (leave off quotes), you will find others who got tripped up by similar non-clinical based questions. And hopefully, some answers.
somnonaut

Postby Sleepy-Samm » Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm

I truly know your pain and frustration, I took the the test just yesterday and ran across the same exact questions. Man was I stunned and shattered to pieces. My score was 340, so its time to seek out some help from Ms. Compton, the sleep tech tutor. And see if she can provide some help.
Sleepy-Samm

Postby Kylamac5 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:30 pm

I have found a few other people on here that have tested in the last few months with the same problem. If you are able to find any great study material or answers please share with me and I will do the same. :)
Kylamac5

Postby KendallStation » Tue May 07, 2013 12:16 pm

"Essentials of Polysomnography" by Spriggs is pretty good in that it covers some of the storage and archiving - relatedd questions if I remember right. Not the most in-depth book IMO but it did hit a lot of things I didn't even think to study that were on the test.

You'll rock it next time!
KendallStation

Postby Kylamac5 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:55 pm

I studied out of the Principles of Polysomnography. It is also written by William H. Spriggs. It was a great book and I would highly recommend it to anyone as it has chapters and each chapter has a 100 question multiple choice test. It did not touch much on the archiving and storage though. There is a computer knowledge section but it basically say's that each lab has it's own protocol and you should find out what yours is and follow it. I will look into the Essentials of Polysomnography and see how it differs from the Principles. Thank you for you help!!
Kylamac5

Return to BRPT