Embla N7000; Direct connection with Crossover cable

Embla N7000; Direct connection with Crossover cable

Postby Modifier1 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Hello everyone,

Hopefully you will be able to aid me in a problem I'm having regarding the N7000 communication unit.

I've been trying to establish a direct connection with a crossover cable, as that is currently needed instead of a wider connected network.

Unfortunately the communication unit is not showing up on the Remlogic device section. In the beginning I believed it could have been an issue with the network adapter, so I promptly purchased a new network card, which, sadly has not made any difference. I also connected the communication unit to a Desktop Switch, but that failed to do anything either.

I then thought that it was perhaps a hardware issue with the communication unit, specifically the LAN port, but I then attached an Ethernet cable from an internet connected router to the switch, as well as the crossover cable from the communication unit, and Remlogic then recognized the hardware.

I'm not quite sure what to do from here as I need the direct connection through the crossover cable at the moment. I've got a feeling it's got something to do with not having an IP address for communication unit to connect to, which therefore means Remlogic won't recognize it.

I've also thoroughly checked the manual from Natus regarding the unit, and the instructions indicate clearly that a direct connection can be made from the unit to a computer via Crossover Ethernet cable. Nothing else should be required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated regarding this!
Modifier1

Re: Embla N7000; Direct connection with Crossover cable

Postby Modifier1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:00 pm

Hello again,

I've managed to correct the problem by thinking a little outside of the box. I'm still unsure why the direct connection over crossover isn't working, but there is a work around for it, if for what ever reason, you don't have direct access to a cabled internet router.

I purchased a 3G/4G mobile router which uses a mobile/cell phones SIM card to establish a connection. Purchase one with a few LAN ports, and then connect the communication unit via a standard ethernet cable to it, as well as an ethernet cable to the computer. This seems to have resolved the issue, and the communication unit is now recognized by Remlogic and has an IP address.

I can't imagine many of you encountering a similar situation, but this is an option if needed.
Modifier1

Postby somnonaut » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:59 am

Just a question, where did you acquire the REMlogic software and amplifier/headbox? And how much did you pay? I do have old REMBRANDT software which used to drive the same headbox, but unsure of the method of connecting as the old system had the optical fiber connection.
somnonaut

Postby Modifier1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Hello Somnonaut,

I purchased the N7000 with communication unit, and a computer loaded with the final release of REMBRANDT from MFI Medical. Their prices are competitive and the service is great if you're looking for equipment.

The REMlogic license and another Titanium unit was purchased from another sleep lab.

I'm networked up now, so all is working well on that end.
Modifier1

Return to Embla/REMbrandt/Somnologica/Enterprise