Our technical director thinks EMBLA is not safe for use.

Postby Cennie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:52 pm

There is no evidence to support the claims in the original post to my knowledge. This was an email sent to me from our tech guy who has been setting up our demo's.. As far as I know embla is a good company with good products he told me to do some research in regards to his email.. and as I said I have found nothing. I would like to have this original post deleted as I am now in contact with the right people who can answer my questions and hopefully I can get the demo from Embla as they sound like a great company and never meant to bring a bad light to Embla, but to merely find any information I could.

Thanks,

Cennie
Cennie

Postby sleepadmin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:20 pm

Deleting the thread is counteractive to the mission of binarysleep. A sincere question (not libelous or otherwise miscreant) was posed and then answered by an informed source. It's important that we maintain a record of everyone's questions, ideas, and thoughts so everyone can learn or just be better informed. Without this function, further rumor and speculation would perpetuate.

I would like to commend Embla for the quick and informed response. This speaks volumes to anyone evaluating their customer support.
sleepadmin
Admin

That is total BS

Postby sinikolova » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:19 am

I have used Embla for more than 5 years in one of the biggest hospitals in the US. I have had no problems with the system whatsoever. We've had patients with pacemakers, patients with vagus nerve stimulator, patients with plaques in their heads and we have had no problems. No one has ever gotten electrocuted in the lab and I don't expect people to start now:-) Not only that - our bioengineering department checks the systems every six months and they have not find anything wrong with it.
Anyway, your technical director probably has some interest elsewhere if you ask me.
As Jason said, they are always on top of things, ready to help and really nice to people despite of their problems.
sinikolova

Postby bduce » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:39 am

Cennie,

If your tech guy is making these claims that he states is based on fact, why DO YOU have to go and find out? Why can't he just present these facts that is opinion is based on? It's as simple as that - put up or shut up!
bduce

Postby Cennie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:22 am

Yeah, I think everyone for the most part work with a difficult person or another well this is one of those =p
Cennie

Postby bduce » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:50 am

Just another thing: how could the Embla system have then passed ISO9001 and other regulations to be available for sale? I think your technical director is full of crap!
bduce

Postby elkos » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:04 am

7500 sleep studies in our lab say Embla is safe (and I think most PSG equipment is safe)
elkos

Postby zack » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:13 am

I used Embla once and I'm just fine!
zack

Postby Bevelman » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 am

zack wrote:I used Embla once and I'm just fine!

Thats up for debate? :roll:

I have a Rembrandt system running in one of the labs with no problems so far. it's old so you have to kick it once in a while but it usually works well. :)

I think as well that something is fishy..
Bevelman

Embla safe

Postby sleepr » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:48 am

We've used Embla / Somnologica / RemLogic since 1998, the year it was introduced in the US. We've performed more than 10,000 studies using them and we have experienced no problems. Definitely no shocks to patients! We have advised our techs not to do impedance checks on patients with pacemakers as advised by Embla.
sleepr

Postby somnonaut » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:39 am

It was introducd in 1997. We have the first one.
somnonaut

Postby stewill1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:29 am

Doesn't Ebla own sandman? I love the sandman system... impedance check interfering with pacemakers???!!

hmmmm... haven't heard that one..
stewill1

Previous

Return to Embla/REMbrandt/Somnologica/Enterprise