Medicare and Scoring help please!

American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Accreditation, policies, politics... NOT FOR SCORING QUESTIONS PLEASE

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Medicare and Scoring help please!

Postby BreathPlease » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions. Our registered sleep tech (only one) is quitting very soon. We are in Alabama. Can a non-registered sleep tech run Medicare patients at night? What does supervision mean pertaining to Scoring to your Center? Registered person merely on staff or registered person reviews the test and signs their name to it? THANKS!!
BreathPlease

Re: Medicare and Scoring help please!

Postby RayMeece » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:30 am

That's a loaded question right there. It is based on your local LCD, but my understanding is that an RPSGT must conduct the test. But, I have seen many labs get around the rule somehow by having a RPSGT score the test. No RPSGT will just review and sign. I believe that goes against the Code of Conduct for an RPSGT.

Another thing to be concerned with is that you have a short time to hire an RPSGT to maintain your AASM Accreditation. I think its 18 months, but don't quote me on that. The RPSGT has to be in the lab for 70% of the hours, I think.
RayMeece

Postby MrBig » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Maybe stop trying to hire goons and underpay them???
MrBig

Postby RayMeece » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:41 am

So, it's okay to hire goons if you pay them well?
RayMeece

Return to AASM