AASM accreditation Clean vs Dirty area

American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Accreditation, policies, politics... NOT FOR SCORING QUESTIONS PLEASE

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

Postby somnonaut » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:44 pm

When they are off the mask...they whistle, wiseguy. They are also not smooth bore tubing, I wonder how that interacts with the flow readings internally to the machines?
somnonaut

Postby Many-sleep-to write Tech » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Not to hijack the thread from the OP, but I'm currently trying to dicifer between cleaning onsite with Cidex OPA and a GUS system, individual bags, blah, blah, blah or going to giving the Patient the mask in the morning. Anyone noticed a big increase in cost per Patient giving out the masks? Also in nights where multiple masks are used are you giving all of them to the Patient, and if not what are you doing with them?

Thanks!
Many-sleep-to write Tech

Postby labman2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Many-sleep-to write Tech wrote:Not to hijack the thread from the OP, but I'm currently trying to dicifer between cleaning onsite with Cidex OPA and a GUS system, individual bags, blah, blah, blah or going to giving the Patient the mask in the morning. Anyone noticed a big increase in cost per Patient giving out the masks? Also in nights where multiple masks are used are you giving all of them to the Patient, and if not what are you doing with them?

Thanks!

All masks used go to the patient.... No cleaning and it gives the patient as chance to switch back and forth until they decide which works best FOR THEM!
labman2

Postby respbarb » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm

labman2 wrote:
Many-sleep-to write Tech wrote:Not to hijack the thread from the OP, but I'm currently trying to dicifer between cleaning onsite with Cidex OPA and a GUS system, individual bags, blah, blah, blah or going to giving the Patient the mask in the morning. Anyone noticed a big increase in cost per Patient giving out the masks? Also in nights where multiple masks are used are you giving all of them to the Patient, and if not what are you doing with them?

Thanks!

All masks used go to the patient.... No cleaning and it gives the patient as chance to switch back and forth until they decide which works best FOR THEM!

ditto
respbarb

Postby Meghan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:38 am

We are up for accreditation and we have one room that we use for clean and dirty due to space constraints. Does anyone have any thoughts on this they would like to share with me?
Meghan

Postby Vix » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Meghan wrote:We are up for accreditation and we have one room that we use for clean and dirty due to space constraints. Does anyone have any thoughts on this they would like to share with me?

This is not acceptable.
Joint Commission would nail you for sure, and the AASM is starting to look at this stuff more now too - they are very specific about clean and dirty areas in regard to OCST accreditation, so I wouldn't be surprised if they start looking at it more in center accreditation as well. Ultimately, it all depends on your AASM site visitor though - some are more forgiving than others.
Vix

Previous

Return to AASM