RST exam

Questions and discussion pertaining to board exams

Moderator: strawberri

RST exam

Postby NOSLEEP4THEWICKED » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:56 am

Hello techs of the sleep world! I'm new here I heard about this forum through a colleague of mine, I'm wondering if their is anyone on here that has taken the RST exam? The lab I work for is a AASM accredited facility and I just finished my PSG program at Thomas Edison State University and earned an Associates degree in polysomnography :) So I'm looking to take the RST exam as oppose to the RPSGT exam basically because after paying for college I'm poor :( and for 250$ that's a lot better than paying 450$. So any advice from yall great techs would be greatly appreciated.
NOSLEEP4THEWICKED

Re: RST exam

Postby Vix » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:44 am

Check with your state board about your state licensure law before you decide to take the RST exam. NJ law spells out that it can only be the exam by the BRPT (which is the RPSGT) or an equivalent exam "that the board accepts". I don't know if they accept RST or not. Personally everyone I know who is working in NJ has their RPSGT, so I don't know for sure if RST qualifies you for licensure. You wouldn't want to take the exam only to find out it doesn't count.

https://go.aastweb.org/members/resources/government/NJ/Statutory%20Language%20For%20Sleep%20Technologists2.pdf
Vix

Postby NOSLEEP4THEWICKED » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Ok so my supervisor says it works :) as one of the techs had both and let his RPSGT go and has only the RST and its accepted by the state. He didn't take the actual test they grandfather him into it??? I wish I could have got into sleep in 2010 I'm not sure why he let the RPSGT go but he said the two test are somewhat different. Thank you vix for the link much appreciated. Maybe if I pass this exam hopefully they will give me a raise and ill take the RPSGT exam.
NOSLEEP4THEWICKED

Postby RayMeece » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am

So how did you do? Hopefully you have earned the RPSGT. It is the only Accredited credential, and is the most widely accepted one.
RayMeece

Postby sindyciaray » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:22 am

I was previously failed in that Exam lol... PhenQ Reviews
sindyciaray

Return to Board Exams