Embletta Gold problems?

Topics related to in home sleep testing (portable monitoring)

Moderator: labman2

Embletta Gold problems?

Postby JHawks93 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Curious if anyone else is experiencing issues with the Embletta Gold devices? We seem to be having an increase in frequency of devices that when returned we are unable to “connect” to when plugged into the computer. It acts as if a recording is pending or a recording is ongoing – despite being programmed correctly. We’re being told it’s our charging practice. They instructed us to charge the device for 2-4 hours on the day the device is going to be issued. If left connected to the charger they say it either turns off the battery or locks the Embletta. Anyway – just curious what other have experienced. Thanks!!
JHawks93

Postby fp » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Yep. We had a lot of problems with them too. We used to have 4 but gave 2 back cause they were just causing too many problems. I think the instructions say it can take up to 5 mins to connect. We had to get all the batteries changed and that was meant fix the problem but it hasnt :) I lost the study last night because I couldn't get it to connect/ charge :(
fp

Postby linuxgeek » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Good to know.
linuxgeek

Postby lil_miss_sleeptech » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Will keep this in mind....what a bummer.
lil_miss_sleeptech

continue to fail

Postby JHawks93 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Since this post we've had 3 more come back with no data. Just informed the powers-to-be that I refuse to use them at this point. I'll use the old Emblettas and change the AA batteries each time. At least they work.
JHawks93

Postby lil_miss_sleeptech » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:29 pm

How ridiculous. :roll:
lil_miss_sleeptech

Postby fp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:30 pm

I feel your pain :). Not sure if you have tried doing the 3 button reset to see if that would help. Sometimes if it fails to connect i will give it a quick charge for 15 mins especially if it hasnt made those beeps when you connect it to the computer. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that your batteries have been upgraded and replaced if this hasn't happened already. Good luck :D
fp

loaners

Postby JHawks93 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Loaners have arrived and they work correctly. Am using the same protocol that I was with my units. Pretty much confirms to me that the batteries do need replacement. Luckily we're still covered under warranty.
JHawks93

Return to Home Sleep Testing (HST)