Feedback on Nihon Kohden/Polysmith

Postby poopdeckpappy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:58 pm

We have the 921. I didn't get a quote for 1100, but did for 1200. It was the sleep/eeg combo package. The person who negotiated my package didn't do a stellar job imo. All/most other companies give you start up supplies (eeg leads, leg/ekg leads) and NK charged for reports. That stuff should be no charge.
poopdeckpappy

Postby m221005 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:44 pm

So we are getting our NK equipment in August! Any last words from others before we plunge into our install and training?

We decided to go with 1100 amplifiers. I made a mistake in a previous post, it does have integrated pressure transducer. ETC02 is also integrated. The only thing that we will need to purchase seperately are the belt modules.

This is going to be a giant leap for our team as we are going to be boxing up our Alice 5 system.

We are also interfacing to our EMR and scheduling systems (PRISM and GE Web).

Anyway, just thought I'd post an update! :)
m221005

Postby m221005 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:46 pm

and by PRISM, what I really mean to say is EPIC! Our hospital calls our EMR PRISM.
m221005

Postby somnonaut » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:19 pm

m221005 wrote:So we are getting our NK equipment in August! Any last words from others before we plunge into our install and training?

We decided to go with 1100 amplifiers. I made a mistake in a previous post, it does have integrated pressure transducer. ETC02 is also integrated. The only thing that we will need to purchase seperately are the belt modules.

This is going to be a giant leap for our team as we are going to be boxing up our Alice 5 system.

We are also interfacing to our EMR and scheduling systems (PRISM and GE Web).

So you will be using this ETCO2 unit?
http://www.nihonkohden.com/commitment/technology.html
somnonaut

Postby m221005 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi Somnonaut, that's the one!
m221005

Postby poopdeckpappy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:22 pm

m221005 wrote:So we are getting our NK equipment in August! Any last words from others before we plunge into our install and training?

Thanks for the update. We've been using it now for about a month and I really like it. Both acquistion and scoring. The install was great and the training was great too. I'm really disappointed in the phone support during the day. With the exception of one person, when I call it's like they don't want to help. I get evasive one word answers to my questions and if I'm not using the exact terminology they act like they have no clue what I'm talking about. Even my IT dept said they seemed liked they didn't want to help them. This was setting up the database on our server.

So my advice is you can avoid much aggrevation if your IT dept is on hand during the install. Mine wasn't (though I scheduled them) and it caused problems when they tried to do the work over the phone with NK. The installer and trainer were great and any issues would have been quickly resolved.

Overall I'm glad we have the system. I'd love if anyone could share advice on custom reports. I know how to use math equations for reports but am not sure how to type it in the NK system. Good luck!
poopdeckpappy

Re: Feedback on Nihon Kohden/Polysmith

Postby m221005 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi just bringing this thread back to life. We are now a little over a year out with our PSG 1100 amplifiers on Polysmith 9.0. Overall we like the system but I have to say the NK technical support team has not been great. I agree with the previous statement that they act like they don't want to help and they reply with one word monotone responses. I think the most frustrating aspect is that there tech support team only has an IT background and not a clue about clinical relevance or sleep. COming from Respironics tech support this has been a huge downgrade.

Overall the equipment is pretty good. We have integrated ETC02 and can interface just about anything. We just got a Transcutaneous C02 monitor. We will soon be testing the infant ETC02 from NK. Fingers crossed this is a lot less bulky than the adult version.

Our database is interfaced to our scheduling software and EMR system which has made everything more streamlined. Patient info populates the calendar automatically and it is just right click to start the study. Physician reports get automatically put into patient EMR charts with one click in Polysmith.

Biggest issues we have are network issues. It seems our bandwidth and network line at one of our locations is a bit restricted and this does not play nice with the Polysmith database.

A few items on our wish list:
1.) better way to put in 30 minute tech notes. For example Grass has a field that can automatically come up every 30 minutes and tech can enter in a few general fields. Right now we just do a regular log note.
2.) be able to run reports real time during a study
3.) More options for the history tab and 10 general questions that can be customized. 10 is not enough. We use these for bedtime and risetime questions and then this info gets pulled into the physician report. Also it would be nice if there could be some questions that are specific to that date of service. Right now our techs enter in fields for PSG and then when the patient returns for a ttitration these fields have to be deleted and then written over. It seems like there should be general patient info that can be recorded in the database but then also question fields that relate to the study in question.
m221005

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:16 am

we went with the 1100. It was a great choice all around. I can not say anything bad about the system..
TexasSleepguy

Postby rafeekmk » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:47 am

Hello everyone.

Recently i moved to new hospital where we have NK 1100 (polysmithversion9). I am wondering anyone have the complete list of report codes? i was able to customize report template with help of few available default templates.(HTML format) However i am missing lot of areas. if any one can provide me with complete list, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance
rafeekmk

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:34 am

We use the 1100 and have had zero problems. Polysmith has been amazing and tech support has been great. we have lost Zero studies and have been using NK since 2008 and will remain with this product. The intergration into our EEG, CEEG, and EMU has been fantastic. I can not say enough about this product.
TexasSleepguy

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:37 am

rafeekmk wrote:Hello everyone.

Recently i moved to new hospital where we have NK 1100 (polysmithversion9). I am wondering anyone have the complete list of report codes? i was able to customize report template with help of few available default templates.(HTML format) However i am missing lot of areas. if any one can provide me with complete list, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

NK has a template builder. There you will find many of the calculation you need in a drag and drop format. There is also an area that will help you with equations. The only problem I see is that the language is proprietary.
TexasSleepguy

Previous

Return to Nihon-Kohden