Clinical Sleep Educator exam

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

Re: Clinical Sleep Educator exam

Postby adarkknight86 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:12 pm

Oh and since you want to brag about things like how your lab was accredited in 1950 or whatever and blah blah blah my other credential that college was needed to obtain and it's a 800$ 2 part exam is for LIFE I never have to renew crap no CEU'S because it's a lifetime credential. Neurodiagnostic PSGs lol I don't care how long you been in sleep it's a branch of neurodiagnostics always has been. Somno come Visit me on ASET so we can destroy you over there moron
adarkknight86

Postby somnonaut » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:34 am

This ASET forum must be a pretty pathetic place if you are a senior member.
Have fun dork.
somnonaut

Postby MrBig » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:18 am

It's funny how EEG Techs think they're so superior to Sleep Techs. They put the leads on and take them off. Sleep Techs do that plus the therapy side of it AND are state licensed (in states with half a brain anyways). I work closely with EEG Techs and they're all like this too. They also get paid about $5 more per hour here, which makes no sense. /rant

Anyhow, this thread got really sidetracked. You two should just wipe your asses and move on.
MrBig

Postby Vix » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:14 pm

adarkknight86 wrote:The CCSH thing is blowing up all over now techs without degrees are going back to school or they are signing up for the CSE certificate to take the grandfather pathway

I just checked the BRPT website, and there are currently 186 CCSH holders.
For perspective, there are 21,968 credential holders in total (RPSGT/CPSGT/CCSH), which makes 0.8% of credentialed techs that also have their CCSH.

The first CCSH credentials were obtained in May 2014. To date, that averages 9.3 people obtaining the CCSH per month.
Vix

Postby adarkknight86 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:29 am

Yeah side tracked... I'm sooooooo over it already I thought maybe this was a good thing happening but without any techs willing to help push this it will go nowhere and ill just end up being replaced as ALL of you will be by the BIG BAD RRT-SDS LOL no one wants to ever bring that topic up??? I can see why no one would ya'll are terrified lol they are basically RPSGT-CCSH plus a whole lot more and they all are state licensed to practice. So why trip out on someone that was only backing you up? I'm going back to my side i'll let ya'll figure it out when I start seeing posts on here about "OH DUDE IM OUT OF WORK HELP!!!" don't say I didn't try to warn ANY of ya'll.

Peace.
adarkknight86

Postby Vix » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:30 am

I have the opposite problem actually. I've been looking to hire a few new techs, and it's very difficult to find anyone. You'd think there would be plenty of people out of work and looking for jobs... But no, apparently not. I think state licensure that's in effect now may be contributing to that though. I've had a full time position open for half a year that I can't fill - and it's at a good facility too, accredited, full benefits, etc. And I'm not the only one - I know others who are looking to hire too and can't find anyone. And that's with advertising in all of the local papers, online job hunting websites, and ads on the websites of the major sleep organizations.

And personally, out of all the people I've interviewed and resumes I've received since the SDS was created, not one applicant has ever held the SDS credential.
Vix

Postby somnonaut » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Maybe techs are leaving the field as Mr Big says he is doing? Or maybe people have so many per diems now that they cannot fit a FT in, or they are so satiated that they do not recognize a good job when they see it. When I got my last gig w/benefits in 2012 the administrator told me that it was slim pickings to find qualified people who actually had a work ethic.
somnonaut

Postby labman2 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:24 pm

The guy is stuck in 1979 he probably works at a lab where he hand scores on paper because he believes it's more accurate then computers :)

LOL!

I have been away from here for awhile but i see you are still charming the folks Somno!! :)

"I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

Be well!

Labman2
labman2

Postby somnonaut » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:21 am

Yeah shorty, I am still killin' em. This BRPT "spokesperson" disappeared from whence he came.

Vix,
"I just checked the BRPT website, and there are currently 186 CCSH holders.
For perspective, there are 21,968 credential holders in total (RPSGT/CPSGT/CCSH), which makes 0.8% of credentialed techs that also have their CCSH.

The first CCSH credentials were obtained in May 2014. To date, that averages 9.3 people obtaining the CCSH per month."

But since the CCSH is not required to hold any other BRPT credential, ALL CCSH holders could technically not be credentialed by BRPT for anything else. They could have come through the non-sleep tech pathway.
somnonaut

Postby Vix » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Yes, they could have, although I'm willing to bet that the quantity of those is very few. But either way, that doesn't affect the total number of CCSHs out there, nor the calculated rate at which the credential is being obtained.
Vix

Postby labman2 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 pm

http://www.familysleepinstitute.com/ How about this bogus fly by night certification ? Places like this give sleep a bad name.... like the tupperware of sleep!

An this sleep franchise that this person started includes this MD with this bogus group right in sight of AASM in Chicago! "Certified by a leading Authority" ? 

About Dr. Kempton

After graduating from Dartmouth College, summa cum laude, with a B.A. in psychology and Cornell Medical School with an M.D., I worked for several years as a medical director for health care technology and pharmaceutical companies based in Chicago before becoming certified as an infant and toddler sleep consultant by a leading authority. With my personal and professional experience, I am ready to share my knowledge and commitment to help your family get the rest you deserve!

Here is my story:
I learned what it’s like to be really tired when my first son was born: he quite simply, would not sleep—day or night, or so it seemed at the time. During those many sleepless nights and weary days, I became obsessed with baby sleep habits. Though I poured through every sleep book I could find and listened to advice from other moms, practical answers were hard to find. The more I read the more confused I became. The advice was conflicting: “let the baby cry”, “console him”, “ rock the baby to sleep”, “put her down awake”, “feed him to sleep”, “don’t allow her to sleep with a bottle”. All I wanted was someone to tell me in simple steps what to do to get my baby to sleep.
After much persistence and patience, I was successful with my first child and later honed my sleep training skills with my next two babies as well as on the babies and toddlers of friends who asked for help. Because of my growing interest in sleep, I added to my clinical and scientific background as an MD and became certified as a infant and toddler sleep consultant; now I help dozens of clients throughout the country get their family’s sleep on the right path.
As a member of the Family Sleep Institute, I work with an experienced team of sleep experts; we share the latest developments in sleep research, diet and nutrition, post-partum depression, breastfeeding challenges, infant reflux, and safety issues. When I work with clients, I draw on all of my experience. Through my medical network, I also partner with childhood experts from across the country as advisors who can consult on unusual problems.
What I have learned from working with many clients is that one size never fits all. My challenge is to customize sleep solutions for every need and develop a strategy based on what I learn about you and your family routines. With my steady guidance, you will develop sleep strategies that help you and your family get the sleep you need! And change happens fast!
Please view my packages and contact me for an initial free consultation.
labman2

Postby somnonaut » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:11 am

This is exactly what I feel the CCSH gives people...the ability to open shop as a "sleep consultant." Notice the non-use of the word DISORDER. That is how the group above provides a consultancy in sleep consultation.
somnonaut

Postby #42dreamweaver » Sun May 01, 2016 12:41 am

Until a clinical sleep educator can see and bill patients this will go nowhere. It's just another money grab by the BRPT who is competition with the AA$M to see who can collect more fees for useless things. If a clinical sleep educator could be reimbursed over $200k a year for seeing and "managing" patients, I can see the need and desire for this credential.
#42dreamweaver

Postby labman2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Just to make uncle Claude and dreamweaver42 happy- I took the CCSH and passed!

You can call me CC for short ! :)
labman2

Postby RayMeece » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 am

Way to go!!!! I have struggledwith taking it or not. Probably will someday in the near future, but not right now.....
RayMeece

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics