CPAP ejecting filter overnight

CPAP, BiPAP, and other sleep systems

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

CPAP ejecting filter overnight

Postby picklish » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:29 am

Just had a call from a patient asking if I had ever heard of a CPAP machine 'ejecting' it's filter overnight. It's the Philips Respironics Series 60 model. She stated that twice in the last couple of weeks she found both the pollen and sponge filters out of the machine in the morning, first time she thought it was possibly her fault, but now that it's happened a second time she wonders if it's the machine

I've contacted Philips but I find my local contacts aren't good with this kind of thing - if it's stock or IT questions they're great, but machine care and queries, less so

So, has anyone come across this?
picklish

Re: CPAP ejecting filter overnight

Postby RayMeece » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:36 am

Never heard of that before. Don't even think it is possible for a CPAP machine to burp like that.

I would look to 2 things: maybe her cat has pulled it out, or, and I hate to throw this out there, but I have seen it too many times. She may have either roaches or a mouse in her machine, and it pushes the filters to get out of the machine. ewww, but possible.
RayMeece

Postby picklish » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:56 am

Blimey! It's getting sent off to Respironics. I did think that it might be a pet, but I never considered that there might be beasties living in the machine.
picklish

Postby RayMeece » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 am

May not want to send it to Respironics. If there is any indication of bugs or critters, it will not get looked at, and may even get thrown away....
RayMeece

Return to Other Equipment