Thinking about buying Biologic for Sleep

Moderator: TexasSleepguy

Thinking about buying Biologic for Sleep

Postby RPSGT88 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:19 pm

We are thinking about buying a Biologic system for sleep. Does anyone have comments in particular about ease of use, utility, customer support and so forth before we spend the money? Any information would be appreciated as we have not made this decision yet. Something I could take to the physicians would be most helpful.

Thanks
RPSGT88

Postby Bobzzz » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:18 am

I love our Biologic system. The waveforms are crystal clear, even on a laptop. I find it easy to use and a very dependable system. Scoring on the SleepScanII is very straightforward. We haven't used the NetLink with the itegrated video, but the people I've seen who use it are very pleased. Tech support is very good.
Bobzzz

Postby RPSGT88 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:24 am

Thanks
RPSGT88

buying biologic

Postby sleeptechnmi » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:48 pm

:D
Buying Biologic is a great decision. It has been for us anyway. The data colection software is easy to use, scoring is really fast. Reports are extremely easy to customize and the database appears to be robust but we dont really use it often enough. Tech support has been really good although we do most of it through PC Anywhere. Hope this helps!~G
sleeptechnmi

Postby Val » Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:40 pm

Their Tech Support is fantastic! You couldn't ask for more. Doen't matter what time of the night or day it is. They are their for you. :lol:
Val

More questions about Biologic the Rep did not talk about

Postby RPSGT88 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:56 am

Is reader station software and dongle required to read an NPSG burned on a CD if you need to read it or score it somewhere else, like at home?

After a CD is burned, can the data on the CD be re-scored and automatically be updated on the same CD under the same file name without technically "burning" another file?

Thanks!
RPSGT88

biol

Postby sleeptechnmi » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:34 pm

Good questions........
We do most of our archiving through the hospital network. Thats another nice feature about biologics, they are really up to speed with regards to connectivity and networks etc. Regards to your questions though, rarely do we burn to the cd or dvd drive. There is software that biologics has that allows you to burn the study to cd/dvd and then score it on any windows 98 or "higher" platform regardless of the biologics software being on the computer or not. Actually, we just got the latest copy ourselves within the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if you can then score it (make changes etc) and then re-write to that same cd. I can try it if that would be helpful....... Update, one of my techs tells me that she can in fact burn to dvd (we use digital video-thus large file sizes etc) and score then close the dvd and "burn"the new scores to that same dvd.
sleeptechnmi

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:33 pm

To RPSGT88, most CDs are WORMs, that is Write Once Read Many so that you would have to burn a new CD disk, not just a new file. UNLESS you use Re-Writeable CDs, which are called RW-CD or CD-RW and I have no idea if the scoring/archiving software in this system can use those file formats. Don't know much about Bio-Logic but do know a little about computers.
Rick

Biologic

Postby RPSGT88 » Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:01 am

One of the many systems I have used is Compumedics E-series. With Roxio Easy-CD Creator software, Compumedics burns the NPSG on an inexpensive "Verbatim CD-R 80 min 700MB" disk. The disk can then be removed, loaded onto a different computer having Compumedics software and dongle, scored and the information is automatically saved back on the same CD-R disk under the same file name. (without having to burn another disk) I don't understand much about computers but wonder if the same holds true for Biologic?

Thanks [/u]
RPSGT88

Re: More questions about Biologic the Rep did not talk about

Postby angelique0706 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:57 pm

Bio-logic uses Roxio Direct CD so a dongle is not needed to read or score somewhere else. If you chose to score at home or at another location, as long as the user has a CD burner, there is no need to REBURN all the files to CD. The software automatically saves back to the CD.

In order to save the data back to disk the user will need to have a CD burner, but if the user does not have a CD burner, the scores can be saved to another disk. The score files are small enough to fit on a floppy!

Also, in order to view the files, the user must have Bio-logic software.

[quote="RPSGT88"]Is reader station software and dongle required to read an NPSG burned on a CD if you need to read it or score it somewhere else, like at home?

After a CD is burned, can the data on the CD be re-scored and automatically be updated on the same CD under the same file name without technically "burning" another file?

Thanks![/quote]
angelique0706

Postby RPSGT88 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:00 pm

Thanks for the answer!

Angelique0706 is a very pretty name. If I have another daughter I might persuade my wife to name her angelique or angelina.
RPSGT88

Postby TexasSleepguy » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:49 am

Let me play devils advocate but with a happy ending
We use the Biologic system We had tons of trouble with the system. The worst thing was that it shut down during a study at least 3 times a week. Called support many times and had a return call average of about 3 hours.

Now our system runs great and after talks with our distributor everything is smooth. we had Lots of trouble for almost a year but now we are very happy with the system.
just that you should hear some of the BAD with the good.

I think Biologic is your best choice for a sleep system.
Last edited by TexasSleepguy on Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TexasSleepguy

Postby TexasSleepguy » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:56 am

By the way, the problems we had were related to a fault in our operating system (windows) not sleepscan or Biologic. thaought I would clear that up.
TexasSleepguy

Biologic

Postby stars » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:25 am

To texassllepguy I have some problem with software and running study
What Win is in your system.
My problem mostlly with DC calibration for CpaP Flow signal/system?
can't recognize ( -) number.
Also after d/c patient to restroom and reconnected again system
refuse to run,and need total reboot.
Also same set-up/wires/ connection every day but one night
you can check impedance w/o problem. Next night no.

And some also when you running study and next day scoring same
study look very different.I work also with few system as Grass
and Compumedics and never sow this kind problem
Thank you everebody for good advice.
Sincerely stars.
N.B My personal vote forCompumedics very easy system easy to use and
easy to scoring
stars

Postby TexasSleepguy » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:24 am

Our OS system is 98 SE. What we had to do was reload windows due to some lost or damaged DLL files. :wink:
TexasSleepguy

Next

Return to Biologic Systems Corp.