7 days on and 7 days off? Is this possible?

Moderators: labman2, respbarb

7 days on and 7 days off? Is this possible?

Postby Dcrazy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:18 am

Hi,

I started talking to a R.therapist and as we are on a date, she mentions shes doe 7 days on and 7 days off.So that is 7-12 hour shifts, but gets then next 7 off, plus 3 weeks vacation. Since she works all those hours in one week, do you think she gets overtime that would basically cover her week off? If so, in sleep, is this done at all? 7 days on and 7 off?

Thanks
Dcrazy

Re: 7 days on and 7 days off? Is this possible?

Postby somnonaut » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:55 pm

Anything that is agreeable and within the context of legal within that state and fed regs is doable. 7 12hr shifts in a row is herculean. But if you have the support at home, or are single, then it is pretty much a piece of cake. The real question is: if she gets 3 weeks off, how many hours does a "week" mean? One of her work weeks? 84 hrs or a standard 40 hour work week?
somnonaut

Postby lstanfill » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:45 pm

When RT works 7 on and 7 off, it is split over two weeks. I.e. Wednesday through Tuesday. This way one week is 36 hours and the other is 48 hours, yes, overtime is paid on the 8 hours over 40. Some people like that shift and some don't.
lstanfill

Postby zack » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:43 am

Some people LOVE this schedule.
zack

Postby Faith Los » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:03 am

That schedule is very appealing to some (myself included) but it can mess up the work-life balance at times.

Which leads me to wonder: are you still dating? :)
Faith Los

Postby KrispyK » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:37 am

haha my question is as above!
KrispyK

Postby Dcrazy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:33 am

Faith Los wrote:That schedule is very appealing to some (myself included) but it can mess up the work-life balance at times.

Which leads me to wonder: are you still dating? :)

Just came back on these boards. No we are not dating. She turned out to be a little of a drunk( well would drink about 4 on those 7 days off ). She would drink on her days off lol....and not the easy going tipsy. She would always ask for a cab, just to get back to her car to drive. Well, I kind of understood her logic, bc a friend of mine got charged for having a 0.06 Bac...3 drinks. The officers are bad out here, but I just couldn't date lol. Otherwise she was a good girl, but the drinking and how she was with it, wasn't the greatest. Just a free spirit, with some issues got brought up while going out. Plus she would get pizzed when she slept in on her off days...and sometimes sleep for 24 hours straight lol. Otherwise a good girl.

As a side note, there is a weekend/night nursing program that just opened around me...for me because of sciences taken, it would take me 2 years and 1 semester,..just 1 night a week, then clinicals every other weekend from 7 a.m-2p.m? What do you guys think? It's just an associates- which I already have one. If nursing I wanted to go practioner but it would take another year to get BSN, then two more years from NP. I just heard from nurses they are stressed. Hence, NP- but it's just so long. ...Anyway, yeah not dating the girl now.
Dcrazy

Postby RayMeece » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 am

I know of techs who work that Wed - Tue schedule. They seem to like it. I can see the appeal as a young tech, but when getting on in years, it is extremely difficult to work 7 nights in a row.

I will happily stay on my 3-nights a week, with an occasional 4th night, thank you very much.
RayMeece

Postby Onesight1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:10 am

I current work at a place that is 3 on 4 off.... recently they asked if we preferred 6 on 8 off.... it was mixed response, but we left it at 3/4

By the time you finish your work week you'll be recovering for the next 2... F that. Plus switching days will be annoying due to payroll... F that
Onesight1

Return to Tricks of the Trade